What you will be part of
Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves air traffic and marine customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. There are two operating units within TM: Air Traffic Management (ATM) provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions; Maritime Traffic Management (MTM) solutions include Automatic Identification Systems (AIS), port and vessel traffic management information systems (VTMIS), hydrographics, and precision navigation.
Saab Air Traffic Management (ATM) is currently seeking a Product Manager for its Collaborative Decision Making & Efficiency product line which focuses on commercial efficiency solutions, predominately for airlines and airport operators. As a member of the ATM Product Management Team, your role will be to support and align our marketing, sales, and development activities with well-defined business strategies.
The ATM Product Management organization is all about bridging gaps to create business success. With a diverse and global set of customers and internal product stakeholders, the Product Manager will have the exciting challenge of bringing together a huge array of disciplines, ideas, and individuals. The Product Manager must be passionate about the process of shaping great products and will need to serve as a perpetual product champion.
- Define and maintain the product line vision and roadmap
- Serve as the primary coordination point between management, product development, sales, and marketing
- Maintain product expertise for all CDM&E products
- Research and understand customer needs and continually advocate on their behalf
- Translate market and business needs into high level product requirements
- Work with the development team to set priorities, schedules, and budgets
- Track competitors and changing market dynamics
- Monitor on-going development projects to make sure they’re on target in regards to budget, deliverables, and functionality
- Support sales and champion managed products
- Create sales presentations and demos
- Train sales team
- Attend sales calls and tradeshows
- Contribute to proposal strategies and written documents
- Support programs and current customers
- Assist in user and focus groups
- Incorporate direct and indirect feedback
- Present the roadmap and key product messages
Your skills and experience
- BA/BS in engineering, marketing, or business
- The ideal candidate will have 7+ years of experience in product management or the associated market
- Well-rounded individual comfortable working both business and technical issues
- Clear and articulate communicator with strong written and oral skills
- Diplomatic negotiator with the ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team and drive results
- Ability to plan and manage at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Ability to establish and manage relationships with existing and potential customers and industry partners
- Excellent time manager who can independently prioritize, focus, and self-motivate
- Passion for shaping products and a willingness to champion initiatives
- Understanding of airport operations and/or CDM processes a major plus
Saab Sensis provides an excellent working environment offering professional growth opportunities, competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, work/life balance, business-casual atmosphere, paid holidays, cafeteria and a fitness facility.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
As a Federal Contractor for the United States, Saab Sensis is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be permanent residents or U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.