What you will be part of
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Training and Simulation division supports the United States Warfighter by developing, manufacturing, and supporting world-class training systems for the U.S. Military, Foreign Military Sales, and Homeland Security in the Live, Virtual, and Constructive domains. Saab's product line contains the industry's highest performing training equipment while maintaining cost effectiveness, reliability and durability. Training and Simulation resides in Central Florida Research Park, a predominant hub of the nation's simulation and training industry. Saab provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Training & Simulation (T&S) is seeking a Lead Product Manager to support the U.S. T&S market. The successful candidate will report directly to the Site Manager in Orlando in support of securing order intake in the U.S. Responsibilities will include:
- Lead the development of local product and capability knowledge in support of the Business Development and sales process.
- Lead the U.S. T&S product portfolio definition and road map, consistent with the Global Product Strategy.
- Lead the development of local knowledge to enable engineering effort (ECP) on delivered systems and support customer product demonstrations
- Support the business development process with system and product capability knowledge.
- Participate in the reviewing of customer technical and capability requirements.
- Support the U.S. business selection process in support of the global product strategy.
- Support the development of the proposed solution with partners and sub suppliers.
- Work actively in gathering BI (Customer needs, new technologies, trends, etc.) in support of T&S global product and capability strategy.
- Support customer discussions and presentations.
- Improve and secure internal communication between the Orlando site and other parts of T&S.
- Support developing and improving the business-to-business relationships with platform/weapons OEMs for the U.S. and global market.
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related discipline.
- 10+ years of relevant experience from similar roles and responsibilities.
- Training and Simulation product and technology knowledge.
- Knowledge in MS Office products, particularly in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Must be proactive and take full responsibility for allocated tasks.
- Ability to easily build rapport within the organization, and develop professional and business networks.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to efficiently collaborate with team members.
- Must have or be able to obtain a SECRET security clearance.
- Knowledge of global Ground Combat Training and Simulation products and technology desired, but not required.
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 17,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.
Last updated: 07 January 2020 • 17:16