What you will be part of
Saab Sensor Systems is a rapidly growing business unit of Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, headquartered in Syracuse, NY. This position is based in our satellite location in Ashburn, VA. The Sensor Systems Division is focused on design, development, integration, test, deployment and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems primarily for aerospace and defense industry partners, and US Government agencies. Saab Defense and Security USA LLC provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA, Sensor Systems Division is seeking an experienced Lead Software Engineer /Senior Staff Software Engineer (C/C++) to architect, design, and assist in development of software for radar applications. The Lead Software Engineer will serve a key technical leadership role while working closely with functional management to ensure program execution is successful. This individual will be expected to mentor and provide tasking/direction to a team of software developers. The role interfaces with Senior Staff Engineers across other engineering disciplines and cross-functional teams from multiple Saab sites. The radar system is being developed under the principles of Open Technology Development, with an emphasis on non-proprietary, modular, open designs. A strong emphasis will be placed on Object Oriented Analysis and Design skills.
The position involves:
- Working with the current programs of record to develop a common, flexible architecture that can be used on multiple programs and is extensible to future programs.
- Assist in laying the framework in the form of modular blocks, allowing configuration from installation to installation.
- Participation in and leadership of technical meetings and design reviews (both internally and externally).
- Providing technical leadership and coaching for a development team of up to 8-12 developers.
- Ensuring SW team adherence to the CMMI and Sensor Systems SW Development process (including proper documentation and CM related activities).
- Determine, document, and enforce methods for complying with desired software development practices (open technology requirements, safety and security, information assurance, metrics tracking, CM release plan, etc.).
- Supporting the collection and reporting of SW metrics and overall status.
- Supporting task planning and resource management.
- Participation in peer/technical reviews.
- Planning for and participation in system integration.
- Ensuring consistent development practices and architecture among all developers.
Your experiences and skills
Required Education and Experience:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering discipline (or similar)
- 15+ years of software development/architecture experience
- 5+ years of team or project leadership experience
- 5+ years of radar software integration
- Understanding of real-time radar processing (signal processing, radar scheduling, data processing, tracking)
- Experience in C/C++ software development, with specific experience with the following:
- Static and dynamic code analysis
- Development in a POSIX/Linux environment
- Development in a semi-real time environment (5-10ms timeline)
- UML modeling tools for software design
- Experience developing software under CERT and CWE standards
- Must have or be able to obtain a SECRET security clearance
- Experience with CORBA and DDS
- Experience with middleware such as ACE+TAO, BOOST
- Experience using GoogleTest/GoogleMock unit test framework
- Experience with Klocwork, Coverity and SonarQube code analysis tools
- Experience using Subversion (SVN) for configuration management.
- Experience using the Atlassian JIRA/Confluence/Crucible tool sets
- Ability to perform radar modeling and data analysis using MATLAB
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 12 March 2018 • 22:01