What you will be part of
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC (SDAS) provides solutions and technology that are at the core of defense and homeland security. SDAS is headquartered in Syracuse, NY and is comprised of four business units in various locations in the United States. Saab provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is seeking a current law school student for a summer Legal internship position in the Syracuse, NY office. The Legal Intern will support contracts professionals, legal operations, and the general counsel with various legal responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Contract review, interpretation and drafting of commercial contracts, technology agreements, and non-disclosure agreements.
- Assist in the revision of contract templates.
- Organization of corporate governance and acquired company documents.
- Policy drafting and research.
- Intellectual property and corporate governance management
- Legal research in areas including contracts, data privacy, export control, intellectual property, and general corporate matters.
- Attend meetings with Legal staff, as necessary.
- Create and modify documents using Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Perform other related duties, as required.
Your skills and experience
- Currently enrolled in law school, 1L or 2L preferred.
- Ability to uphold a high level of confidentiality of all work performed.
- Desire to further education and career in a corporate legal field is preferred.
- Microsoft Office experience, as well as general computer skills are necessary.
- Ability to work well in a team environment throughout various departments in the organization.
- Strong legal research and legal writing skills.
- Have a basic understanding of contracts.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Highly organized, with critical attention to details.
Must be a U.S. citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder), or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.
Last updated: 03 May 2019 • 18:01