What you will be a part of
Saab Australia develops advanced defence and security systems for domestic and international markets. Our intuitive real-time command and control; command support; security and surveillance; and mixed reality applications are designed to adapt to today’s rapidly changing defence and security challenges. Over thirty years, the company has established a reputation as Australia’s leading capability systems integrator. We develop technology that pushes boundaries and breaks conventions to keep people and society safe.
Offering a fresh and vibrant workplace, Saab values a healthy work-life balance with a great working culture, generous benefits, flexible working hours and an active Social Club.
As part of Saab’s ICT group, the Linux/Unix Systems Administrator will play a key role in supporting and developing Saab’s high technology platforms across Saab’s Classified and Unclassified networks, systems and applications.
Linux/Unix Systems Administrator’s, at Saab, are exposed to a diverse range of technologies and duties. As such duties will include, but not limited to:
- Designing, Implementation and Supporting Linux/Unix Enterprise Environments and Infrastructures;
- Work with and liaise with business and project teams to develop suitable solutions across a varied array of technologies;
- Maintaining the integrity and smooth operation of Saab’s classified and unclassified networks, systems and infrastructures;
- Resolve incidents and/or action Service Requests, as required; and
- A commitment to customer service, professionalism and ability to work in a ‘team first’ environment are also crucial characteristics required for this role.
Your skills and experience
- Experience managing Unix/Linux in an enterprise environment
- Familiar with Configuration Tools, such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc.
- Familiar with containerisation on Windows or Unix/Linux, such as docker
- Support system installations, problem solving and testing to ensure the availability, validity and reliability of all network / virtual environments; and
- Fundamental understanding and awareness of information security and how this is applied in operational environments.
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application by 26th May 2019. You may contact Josh Deane for a copy of the full position description.
To work at Saab you must comply with Defence Industry security requirements (i.e. you will be an Australian citizen or able to meet eligibility requirements).
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.
Last updated: 13 May 2019 • 11:20