In the role as a Logistics Analyst / ILS-engineer, you will work with ILS / RAMS throughout the business process from the design of the maintenance system, through the product's life cycle to the retirement of the product. You will be analysing and optimising complex technical support solutions for Saab's products and systems based on system availability, Life Cycle Costs and customer needs. The work provides the opportunity to develop both a holistic view within the ILS area and a good product knowledge, which will provide a good basis for future leadership challenges within the area.
Possible assignments for the position will be:
- Develop cost-effective and optimized maintenance solutions by analysing operational reliability needs and LCC requirements.
- In close cooperation with our customers, propose and analyse alternative maintenance concepts / solutions.
- Using modeling, optimisation and simulation during all phases of a system's lifecycle, for support to meet requirements for accessibility, efficiency and cost.
- Work with operational monitoring of aircraft and analysis
- Participating in and follow the international development of reliability, ILS, LSA and LCC.
- Evaluate, adapt and develop models, methodology and tools for logistics analysis.
The work will be performed in project form and will be varied including many contact areas. This means that a part of the work will be to present our work for different projects and other stakeholders in order to create an understanding and an interest of our area. The majority of the work will be performed internally at Saab sites in Linköping and Arboga.
We are looking for someone with a great drive and analytical ability - you can see both the overall scope as well as the details! Other valuable personal qualities are collaborative ability and a positive attitude to new challenges.
Different educational backgrounds and experiences can be suitable for the role, but we prefer that you have a university degree, for example a Master of Science in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Technical Physics. Alternatively, you have a degree in mathematics or great experience of ILS / RAMS.
The following will be meritorious:
- A combination of driving force and analytical ability.
- Knowledge and interest in data processing, optimization and simulation.
- Overall knowledge of the Gripen system as well as a technical understanding.
You need to be able to express yourself well in both Swedish and English, both in speech and writing, as we are working within international business and projects. The service will require a B driver's license.
This position requires that you will be approved in a security screening in accordance with the Swedish Protective Security Act. Please also note that we work with continuous selection and that the position may be filled before the last day of application.
What you will be a part of
The Support Solution Design department delivers services and products within the area of Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) covering the entire Life Cycle, from concept, development and operational phase to retirement and termination. This contributes to Saab being able to deliver sustainable support solutions and services in order to make our customers' systems work well in operation.
The Logistics and Maintenance Engineering section consists of 23 logistics analysts, maintenance system engineers and operational analysts who mainly work in the air domain. Our section and department are parts of the Business Area Support&Services.