What you will be part of
At Saab Sensor Systems you will have the opportunity to collaborate with world-class engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development, collaboration and support at all levels. A business unit of Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems is focused on the design, development, integration, test, deployment, and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems, primarily for industry partners and US Government agencies. Headquartered in Syracuse, NY, we also offer opportunities to work from locations in Florida, North Carolina and Virginia.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems Division is seeking an experienced Logistics Analyst to perform logistics data entry, maintenance, and reporting functions. Under the guidance of Senior ILS Analysts and Engineers, responsibilities will include the following, and continue to increase with experience and exposure:
- Maintain logistics databases for Saab radar products by researching company, commercial, and Government data for new and updated provisioning and other logistics content, then entering data into databases.
- Compile drawing packages for logistics uses internally and externally.
- Assist in developing logistics products, such as LORA, RMA analyses, FMECA, LCCE, and other commercial and DoD-required products.
- Coordinate with engineering, technical manual, and training personnel to research and enter product maintenance information.
- Produce logistics data reports for presentation to customers to support provisioning through the life of the fielded Saab product.
- Interface with Product Support personnel to provide data needed for customer parts sparing and repair needs.
Your experiences and skills
Required Education and Experience:
- 4+ years of relevant military experience in Supply Chain or Logistics.
- OR Bachelor's degree in Data Analysis/ Business/ Supply Chain with 4+ years of relevant experience in Supply Chain or Logistics.
- OR High school diploma/equivalent with 8+ years relevant experience in Supply Chain, Logistics or Supply Chain Data Management.
- Experience using logistics or supply chain databases, such as EAGLE, SLICwave, Oracle, or similar.
- Knowledge of commercial or DoD provisioning practices and products, such as BOM, NSN, data attributes, PPL, EDFP, etc.
- Familiarity with military logistics or USG life cycle planning/procurement/sustainment.
- Familiarity with GEIA-STD-0007 and US Government Data Item Descriptions is highly desired.
- Demonstrated communication, problem solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Team working skills to coordinate needs within open, multi-tasking environment in an engineering development setting.
- Ability to communicate and work with customers and subcontractors to meet requirements and coordinate opportunities
- Able to work at a computer for long periods
- Capable of obtaining a USG security clearance
- Exacting attention to details in analyzing and loading complex data fields
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 05 November 2018 • 19:16