What you will be a part of
Surveillance provides efficient solutions for safety and security, for surveillance and decision support, and for threat detection and protection. The portfolio covers airborne, ground-based and naval radar, electronic warfare, combat systems and C4I solutions, and traffic management systems.
Saab Australia develops advanced defence and security systems for domestic and international markets. Our intuitive real-time command and control; command support; security and surveillance; and mixed reality applications are designed to adapt to today’s rapidly changing defence and security challenges. Over thirty years, the company has established a reputation as Australia’s leading capability systems integrator. We develop technology that pushes boundaries and breaks conventions to keep people and society safe.
Offering a fresh, vibrant place to work, Saab backs its commitment to offering a healthy work-life balance with a great working culture, generous benefits, flexible working hours, and an active Social Club.
Key responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Managing Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) interface with the customer and other leads and input into their decision making.
- Providing logistics engineering input into system engineering planning and implementation
- Providing life cycle cost analysis for combat system acquisition and sustainment scope
- Providing logistics engineering effort for acquisition and sustainment projects, in the areas of:
- Reliability, maintain ability and availability analysis
- Failure, mode effect and criticality analysers
- Reliability centred maintenance
- Level of repair analysis
- Task analysis
- Spares analysis
- PHS&T analysis
- Obsolescence management
- Reviewing supplier plans, logistic support data, technical manuals and other documentation as required
Your skills and experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering
- Experience in Defence industry and its logistics practices and standards
- Experience in developing Authorised Maintenance Engineering Organisation and Authorised Supply Organisations
- Experience in the application of relevant logistics MIL-STDs and DEF(AUST) Standards
- Experience in LSA and R&M analysis tools
- Sound understanding of the system development and the inter-relation between the various ILS elements
- Understanding of System Engineering principles
- Working knowledge of configuration management systems
Visit the Careers page of our website to submit your application by 22 August 2018.
To work at Saab you must comply with Defence Industry security requirements (i.e. you will be an Australian citizen or able to meet eligibility requirements).
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.
Last updated: 08 August 2018 • 05:32