After over 30 years of successful operations in the Australian market, we’re proud of our achievements at Saab Australia. With a proven capability of providing high technology solutions to our defence, security and civil aviation customers, we are now seeking our employees of tomorrow to join our thinking edge, as we head toward our next innovative chapter.
At Saab Australia, we develop everything from combat, communications and security systems to mixed reality and cyber security solutions. If a career designing, developing and integrating high-end systems for a world-class technology organisation sounds like you, then you have come to the right place. We develop technology that pushes boundaries and breaks conventions to keep people and society safe.
As part of our Maritime group, the Logistics Engineering Team Lead will play a key role in furthering the development of Saab’s combat and naval support system solutions. The role will lead a team undertaking logistics engineering and obsolescence analysis activities in support of acquisition projects and sustainment tasks within Maritime and other Saab Australia business areas.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Providing leadership to the logistics and reliability engineering capability, including supervising a team of logistics engineers for ongoing tasking, performance and development
- Undertaking and directing ILS analyses in the areas of: RAM, FMECA, level of repair, spares and PHS&T
- Defining and planning logistics engineering effort for projects, with regular status updates to the ILS Manager and Project Managers
- Liaising with OEMs to identify, analyse and recommend corrective actions for equipment obsolescence problems, including development of costed corrective action plans
- Providing logistics engineering input into systems engineering planning and hardware design and implementation
- Undertaking life cycle cost analysis for acquisition and sustainment projects
As an ideal candidate for the role, you will possess
- Tertiary qualifications in Logistics Engineering, Electronics/Electrical Engineering or equivalent on the job experience.
- Experience in the Defence industry and its logistics practices and standards
- Detailed knowledge of ILS analysis methods and current tools
- Sound understanding of systems engineering, configuration management and the inter-relation of various ILS elements
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to lead and manage a team of ILS practitioners
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Culture and benefits
We now employ over 500 Australians and take great pride in offering a fresh and vibrant workplace, long-term careers and the opportunity to design and develop outstanding solutions for our ever-expanding customer base.
We strongly value the contributions made by our employees and in return offer a range of health & wellbeing initiatives, professional and personal development opportunities and an industry-leading benefits package. The culture at Saab Australia is consciously supportive, collaborative and encourages a healthy work-life balance, overall making it a great place to work.
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application by 4 November 2019. You may contact Josh Deane for a copy of the full position description.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.