What you will be part of
At Saab Sensor Systems you will have the opportunity to collaborate with world-class engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development, collaboration and support at all levels. A business unit of Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems is focused on the design, development, integration, test, deployment, and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems, primarily for industry partners and US Government agencies. Headquartered in Syracuse, NY, we also offer opportunities to work from locations in Florida, North Carolina and Virginia.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems Division is seeking a Logistics Project Manager to support the Senior ILS Manager by managing and executing logistics requirements of new and on-going programs.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Lead and coordinate employees performing activities within multiple ILS, engineering, and production disciplines to provide logistics support analyses, provisioning data, RMA analyses, spares predictions, technical publications, customer training, and others.
- Track and manage project schedules to ensure delivery of on-time and quality ILS products.
- Track and manage EV and non-EV budgets to keep projects in budget and assesses needs for funding changes.
- Interact with customers as needed to coordinate Saab support to meet customer needs.
Your skills and experience
Required Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering, Business or related discipline.
- 15+ years of Logistics or related experience
- Experience using/interpreting common logistics products, such as provisioning and supply databases, RMA predictions, LORA, FMECA, etc.
- Experience in military logistics or USG life cycle planning/procurement/sustainment
- Experience using MS Project or similar scheduling tool to track and manage projects
- Effective teamwork skills to coordinate needs within open, multi-tasking environment in an engineering development setting.
- Demonstrated ability to direct and influence teams and drive programs/projects to success.
- Ability to work with customers and subcontractors to meet requirements and coordinate opportunities.
- Capable of obtaining a USG security clearance
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Experience as Control Account Manager using Earned Value or similar financial tracking system.
- Skilled in MS/Office products, including ability to use/interpret Excel pivot tables and create PowerPoint presentations.
- Knowledge of US DoD engineering development and procurement processes, including milestone events.
- Military experience in a field or depot unit maintaining, operating, or directly supporting fielded radar or aerospace/naval/tactical equipment highly desired.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 03 December 2018 • 20:01