We are strengthening the team around configuration management for Business Unit Combat Systems and C4I Solution and are therefore looking for an experienced line manager with relevant experience of configuration and information management.
You will be Manager of a newly created Configuration Management section that initially consists of eleven members, additional recruitments may become relevant due to business growth. Your tasks will typically include the following:
- Line management responsibilities for configuration managers, including e.g. occupational health and safety responsibilities, competence planning and coaching.
- Local process ownership of the configuration management and information management processes. You will in these matters collaborate with other parts of the business area and be responsible for establishing necessary process adaptions for specific needs within the business unit, including training of personnel.
- Defining and implementing strategies regarding configuration and information management tools, in close cooperation with other parts of the business area.
- Provision of product data management (software, hardware, system) throughout the whole product life cycle.
You will report to Head of Business Excellence who is a member of the business unit global leadership team.
You have an appropriate postgraduate qualification in a business oriented and/or technical discipline. You also have substantial professional experience from configuration and information management.
We value that you are a team player with a proven record of teamwork, a true leader with a specific skill for motivation both your own staff and other co-workers.
- Battle-proven line manager with a strong personnel focus, combined with a result orientation and determination to improve our business and operational excellence.
- Minimum five years of relevant professional experience within configuration management and information management and process development/maintenance.
- Well oriented within ISO10007 and ISO27001
- Excellent communication skills in Swedish and English, both verbal and written
- Excellent social skills, team player willing to walk the extra mile
- Interest and talent for training, both first-line employees and train-the-trainer setups
- Knowledge of ACMP, ISO15288, ISO12207, EN9100 and ISO45001
This position requires that you will be approved in a security screening in accordance with the Swedish Protective Security Act.
What you will be a part of
Business Area Surveillance provides efficient solutions for safety and security, for surveillance and decision support, and for threat detection and protection. The portfolio covers airborne, ground-based and naval radar, electronic warfare, combat systems and C4I solutions, and cyber security solutions.
The Business Excellence staff function at Combat Systems and C4I Solutions carries functional responsibilities for Commercial, Quality and Environment Management, Configuration and Information Management and Operational Excellence. As a manager within this organisation you will cooperate with experienced engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development and personal growth. The team you will manage consists of Configuration Managers based in Järfälla, the business unit also has operations in Göteborg, Luleå and Karlskrona and Adelaide.
Observe that you can send us your application in either Swedish or English.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.