Within the manufacturing organization there are several sections including electronics assembly, PCB-Assembly and electronic test. We are looking for a new manager for the Magnetron section which is specialized toward sourcing, producing and delivering Magnetrons to another Saab Company.
Your prime responsibility will be to manage the magnetron organization in all aspects as well as provide input and support to the management team when needed.
You will be responsible of a small highly specialized team of assemblers and technicians and be part of a broad management team and. The goal is to double the output from the production utilizing internal co-workers and an efficient work set-up.
- Develop and maintain ways of working to ensure that we meet target output
- Empower and lead your employees through value driven leadership
- Analyze and ensure mitigation of single competencies and other risk factors
- Manage interfaces within and outside the organization
- Suppliers, customers and internal stakeholders
- Ensure the longevity of our capability to manufacture Magnetrons
- Perform operative work to an extent (ie. Incoming inspection, chemical treatment or other tasks that requires support)
Would you like to know more about the Saab-life and the benefits of joining us? Read our People Philosophy.
In order to succeed in this role you are preferably a driven individual with good people skills and with great capability to learn new things. Further, well developed problem solving skills combined with the ability to manage change is meriting.
As a person you should be curious, structured and have a deep desire to affect your surroundings and in a positive way, and understand the importance of visualization and mutual understanding.
- Technical or humanist/technical college degree or similar (Msc. Sci.)
- Minimun one year of documented leadership experience within an organizational context of both smaller and larger groups
- Great communication skills in both written and spoken form, in Swedish as well as good skills in English.
- Strategic and analytical skills are important, but more so to develop a plan toward strategic goals and execute and communicate it with good results
- Experience from working in the defense sector
- Interest and / or experience from working with complex manufacturing of highly advanced products (e.g. Microwave technology)
- Documented and great results when having budget and result responsibility (Project and/or line organization)
What you will be a part of
The Magnetron is a product generating and sending very specific microwaves and is incorporated in many radar solutions. The product is complex and relies heavily on high quality and operator precision to function.
You will be the manager and colleague of a group of 5 people all collaborating to ensure the production capability and capacity of the Magnetron. The organization is a self-managed part of a manufacturing organization of about 100 employees in total supported by another 100 people within Sourcing and Production.
This position requires that you will be approved in a security screening in accordance with the Swedish Protective Security Act.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.
Last updated: 05 August 2019 • 11:33