What you will be a part of
Surveillance provides efficient solutions for safety and security, for surveillance and decision support, and for threat detection and protection. The portfolio covers airborne, ground-based and naval radar, electronic warfare, combat systems and C4I solutions, and traffic management systems.
Buisness Unit EW Systems provides world class signal intelligence systems and self protection systems for next generation Gripen and Globaleye. We are now looking for a skilled and encouraging leader to head up our Sensor Systems section.
Sensor Systems is a section within the Systems Design Department which provides system engineers to the projects.
The group you will be responsible for consists of about 20 highly skilled engineers responsible for
- performing top level system design
- analyzing stakeholder needs
- domain knowledge within Radar/ESM/RWR/ELINT
- traning within the Radar domain
- system engineering lifecycle
- sub-project managment
We are looking for a manager with excellent leadership skills, experience with customer interaction and the ability to empower employees. As a manager you will demonstrate communicative leadership skills in order to create commitment and energy within the organization.
An important part of the job is to expand the customer user knowledge, strategies and find effective ways of working within Sensor Systems. As a member of the System Design department management team you will be taking part in the overall development of the department.
A key aspect of the work is to cooperate with Product Areas within EW and the other units of Surveillance to seek ways to optimize the success of Surveillance and Saab by increasing customer value.
You will lead the unit in such way that we achieve the EW Systems goals.
This includes making sure that you:
- Lead, plan and direct the activities of your team members and maximize effectiveness
- Have the right competences.
- Have the right number of staff.
- Have efficient way of working including processes, methods and Tools
- Promote with your team customer relations / company credibility.
- Create a healthy and sustainable team and working environment
You will report to the Head of Systems Design.
Your skills and experience
Appropriate professional or postgraduate qualification in a business oriented or technical discipline
- Proven ability and interest in leading, developing and challenging the organization, management teams and employees.
- Strong business understanding and customer focus
- Good organization, planning, staff management and team building skills
- Strong understanding of testing methodology and automation
- Understanding and ability to work in an international matrix
- Proven ability to take decisions to improve profitability
- Skills to combine strategic thinking with operational actions
- Strong drive, perseverance and ability to generate energy
- Proven communication skills
- Enthusiastic and focused on giving other persons positive energy
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance.
Welcome with your application!