At Saab in West Lafayette, Indiana, you have the opportunity to join a team that will manufacture the rear section of the T-7A Red Hawk military trainer aircraft for the United States Air Force. When at full capacity by 2027, Saab will employ over 300 employees in the West Lafayette facility in management, administration, and manufacturing. The new flagship facility will utilize advanced manufacturing techniques and leverage research and development to support Saab’s broad product portfolio.
In the U.S., Saab also offers job opportunities in Florida, North Carolina, Virginia, Washington D.C. and our headquarters in Syracuse, New York. Saab provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
As Saab is building a new operation in West Lafayette, IN, we are seeking a Supply Chain Manager to lead a world-class performance of the Supply Chain function. The ideal candidate has significant experience, strong leadership skills, the ability to see opportunities and experience creating and delivering an integrated supply chain strategies in greenfield operations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for supply chain operations which includes strategic sourcing of indirect material and services, operational procurement ,warehouse operations including internal logistics and outbound deliveries, inventory management, and planning and scheduling.
- Analyze demand, prepare and communicate plans with functional customers, and execute targets for sourcing, inventory supply, and resource management.
- Ensure supply chain performance enhances production service level requirements by understanding and analyzing key business drivers.
- Manage and continuously improve the supply chain to secure competitiveness through the use of Industry 4.0 technologies, lean material handling strategies, and implementation of best practices.
- Foster and improve supplier performance regarding delivery and quality through consistent communication and a balanced supplier scorecard.
- Ensure best total landed cost through efficient warehouse operations and internal and external logistics to supply production in the most cost efficient way.
- Be an ambassador for Saab both with co-workers and with suppliers.
- Deliver continuous supply to production without interruptions.
- Effective stock management with efficient use of indirect overhead.
- Lead continuous improvement of working methods and processes for the supply chain.
- Create prerequisites for line managers and co-workers to take responsibility and reach targets, by informing and communicating the full picture.
- Deliver a people first culture in alignment to Saab leadership vision.
- Active contribution to continuous development and improvement of working methods and processes.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Supply Chain management, Engineering, or similar field required.
- MBA, Master's in Supply Chain or equivalent is a plus.
- 10+ years of experience in supply chain leadership required.
- 5+ years of managing direct reports and large scale operations preferred.
- Experience creating and delivering an integrated supply chain strategies in greenfield operations.
- Experience with high rate, high quality production.
- Experience working with U.S. government contracts, including FAR/DFAR regulations.
- Experience working in an international environment.
- High level of business acumen and overall ability to plan on strategic and tactical level.
- Ability to structure work tasks and deliver a high quality of work.
- Strong and effective leadership skills of hourly and salaried workforce. Ability to drive and lead change.
- Effective inter-personal skills to engage and create trust at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent communication and team building skills .
- Manufacturing based sourcing and supply competence.
- Proficiency with ERP systems including design systems, data management, and ERP execution.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Must be a U.S. citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder), or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3). As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 17,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.