What you will be part of
Saab Barracuda LLC is a business unit operating within Saab Defense and Security USA LLC in Lillington, North Carolina. Saab Barracuda is the world's leading supplier of products and services within multispectral signature management and force protection technology. Saab Barracuda is at the front line of research and development within the area and the company has built a solid competence, when it comes to optimizing signature management solutions. Saab Defense and Security USA LLC provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Barracuda LLC is seeking a Manufacturing Equipment Maintenance Technician/ Sewing Machine Mechanic to perform repairs and preventive maintenance on sewing machines, quilters and seamers to produce sub-assembly parts and finished parts for multispectral camouflage products. This position will to be fulltime-temporary to support a 2-year contract, working 40 hours per week.
- Examine machines to diagnose trouble
- Dismantle machines and replace defective parts
- Reassemble machines and make necessary adjustments to ensure efficient operation
- Use test and diagnostic equipment to perform checks
- Read and understand layout plans, blueprints, and operating or repair manuals
- Provide routine maintenance on chain-stitch and lock-stitch sewing machines
- Respond to emergency maintenance requests as required
- Other general maintenance tasks will be assigned as needed
Your skills and experience
Required Experience and Skills:
- 2+ years of technical training
- 3+ years of related experience or equivalent working with sewing equipment
- Must understand the internal working of sewing equipment
- Ability to communicate effectively with Production Supervisor, Production Lead and co-workers
- Ability to read and understand layout plans, blueprints, and operating or repair manuals
- Must understand standard Safe Work Practices, such as Lock/Out Tag-out, proper PPE, etc.
- Must be self-mobile and able to stand for extended periods.
- Ability to perform physical tasks such as sitting, bending, stooping, walking, climbing, reaching during a normal workday.
- Ability to lift up to thirty-five (35) pounds
- Hearing and vision within normal ranges is important for conversations, and to receive ordinary information and directives from Production Supervisors and management as required.
- Ability to work extended hours when required
- Ability to lead sub-contractors to perform routine facilities maintenance, repair, installation, and modifications.
- Installation, troubleshooting of industrial mechanical, electrical and utility systems.
- General mechanical systems knowledge and abilities.
- Knowledge and ability to perform routine preventative maintenance tasks.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation, drug test, and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be a U.S. citizen, green card holder, or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 04 March 2019 • 15:01