What you will be part of
At Saab Surveillance U.S. you will have the opportunity to collaborate with world-class engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development, collaboration and support at all levels. A business unit of Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, the division is focused on the design, development, integration, test, deployment, and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems, primarily for industry partners and U.S. Government agencies. Headquartered in Syracuse, NY, we also offer opportunities to work from locations in Florida, North Carolina and Virginia. Saab provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Surveillance U.S. division is seeking a Manufacturing Supervisor to report to the Director of Manufacturing and be responsible for supervising the team of Assembly and Test Technicians. The successful candidate will collaborate with the Manufacturing Program Managers, Production Control, Manufacturing Engineers, and Stockroom personnel to ensure the execution and delivery of a quality end product within cost and schedule targets. Responsibilities will include:
Lead and develop assigned production team focused on meeting production, quality, program and business objectives.
- Recruit staff as necessary to meet business demand.
- Assign appropriate personnel to projects and programs.
- Ensure goals and objectives of team members link directly to the objectives of the business.
- Provide oversight, guidance, mentorship and coaching to assigned personnel in the performance of their assigned tasks.
Ensure accountability for creation of accurate cost and schedule targets, and execution of the production effort in accordance with those targets.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineers to establish cost and schedule targets for team members.
- Monitor and control execution consistent with established technical, cost and schedule objectives.
Be a champion for the quality and continuous improvement of technical processes.
- Ensure updates for QMS processes, forms, templates, work instructions and job aids are completed.
- Establish processes and benchmarks for measuring team and process performance.
- Ensure team is accountable for adherence to established processes and continuous improvement objectives.
Your skills and experience
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or discipline related to technical expectations.
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing and continuous improvement.
- Subject matter expertise in a factory environment.
- Forecasting and utilization of manpower planning in a Manufacturing Environment.
- Ability to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to collaborate across disciplines effectively
The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to:
- Set and articulate goals and build a team around those goals.
- Anticipate organizational challenges likely to occur due to the dynamics of the business environment and formulate contingency plans and coping strategies.
- Measure team and process performance through the definition and use of appropriate metrics.
- Grow the talent of the team by identifying, crafting and implementing appropriate development plans.
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.