What you will be part of
Business Unit Training & Simulation develops and manufactures training systems mainly for military users. Our offer is wide ranging and includes the provision of world leading laser simulators for live training, force on target applications, virtual simulation capabilities and training services. Training & Simulation operates globally with 450 employees in twelve different countries.
Saab is using a lot of different kind of data, in different kind of applications and systems.
Data comes from multiple sources, which makes it difficult to link, match, cleanse and transform data across systems.
Data can be testresult, build of material, usage of products, failure of material, time reporting and scrapping, for example.
All this data can support different kind of roles, departments and sites in the daily work, but data is today sub optimized and systems is not cooperating or working proactive.
• Situational awareness how data is transferred today between different systems and applications
• How can Saab transfer knowledge from failure rate of products into improved products?
• How can Saab use data in a more proactive and effective way?
• How can Big data/smart data help us, visulizing useful information?
• Can we see trends in long term and anticipate what will happen in future?
• How does other companays in industry, work with Big data/smart data?
• Can we use Big data/Smart data in customer and supporting perspective?
A good competency match between role demand and applicant is key, however we believe that the best starting point is to ensure a strong commitment to our values. As an applicant, you don’t only need to know and understand our values, you need to share them. At Saab, HOW we do things is equally important to WHAT we do.
Our focus on Drive, Expertise and Trust is evident in everything we do, from recruitment and training, to leadership and individual value-driven goals for all employees.
Your experiences and skills
For us, drive is about approach, attitude, courage and a positive outlook.
We are looking for a person with a pro-active approach and someone who takes on full responsibility for their allocated tasks.
Applicants for this role will be studying for a Degree of Master of Science (120 credits) with a major in Product Development, specialisation in AI Engineering, or equivalent.
We work hard to foster and encourage a high level of trust within our organization.
• You need to be open, loyal and honest, trust your coworkers and honour agreements, decisions and processes.
• This role requires you to be structured in your work and to be a strong team player.
The exam work is based at Saab Training and Simulation, Huskvarna.
Last updated: 31 October 2018 • 17:01