Master's thesis worker - RF technology and Digital Signal Processing
As part of a development team, your role is to learn and understand state-of-the-art software defined radio technologies, study their limitations, and evaluate performance by practical testing and measurements. An experienced team of HW/SW professionals will guide you and support you in this task
The main tasks:
· Conducting literature surveys on key technologies
· Simulating and measuring performance of SDRs
· Debugging and testing HW and SW
· Interfacing with component suppliers when necessary
· Writing your Master's thesis (if applicable)
Your workplace will be in Saab Technology Center in Tampere.
Would you like to know more about the Saab-life and the benefits of joining us? Read our People Philosophy.
· Successfully completed (or nearly finished) university level studies in RF technology and/or Digital Signal Processing
· Interest in state-of-the-art Software Defined Radio technologies and willingness to learn more
· Understanding of RF receiver/transmitter architectures and corresponding digital signal processing
· Basic skills in programming (C/C++, Python, Matlab or similar)
· Fluency in English and in Finnish, Swedish is a plus
· Practical RF measurement experience
· Experience working in a lab environment
· Soldering skills
This position requires that you will be approved in a security screening in accordance with the Swedish Protective Security Act.).
What you will be a part of
Saab Technology Center is further expanding it's development unit in Tampere and looking for a Master's thesis worker or fresh graduate in the fields of RF technology and Digital Signal Processing.
In Saab Technology center you will be a part of the Electronic Warfare Systems Business Unit that delivers Electronic Warfare applications for air, land and naval products such as the Gripen Fighter and Globaleye Surveillance Aircraft. The Saab Technology Center contributes to signal detection and analysis, as well as electronic countermeasures for next generation systems on absolute cutting edge hardware and software.
Here you will join extremely competent, ambitious and helpful colleagues. Our development is typically done by teams in a modern, agile fashion with distributed responsibilities and high efficiency. Our toolchain ties planning, issue tracking and source control together in a tight loop. Our cooperative working culture, the EW Spirit, is the foundation to our success and contribution to Saab.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.