What you will be part of
Aviation stakeholders face a greater number of challenges and more complex demands than ever before. At Saab Air Traffic Management (ATM), we continually find new ways to address these challenges and enable safe, predictable, and efficient operations. We go beyond existing solutions, pioneering new ideas and helping to set industry standards.
Saab ATM’s expertise spans operations, surveillance sensors, ATC automation, collaborative decision making, and digital towers. Our solutions are trusted by air navigation service providers, airports and airlines at over 100 locations in more than 45 countries. As a global leading partner and provider of proven ATM solutions and services, we transform operations, turning innovative ideas into reality and supporting stakeholders from solution conception through long-term support.
- Assist shipping department with Domestic and International shipping activities including:
- Packaging of material
- Assist in processing shipping requests
- Provide tracking detail
- Monitoring shipping material
- Provide backup for shipping manager
- Receive deliveries at multiple Saab building locations
- Provide backup to stockroom activities to receive and stock production material
- Perform courier duties to support day to day business functions
- Using the company van, perform daily mail runs between Saab business units
- Pick up and drop off material/paperwork to the company storage warehouse
- Drop off hardware repairs to local businesses
- Effectively communicate via email, text, phone using company provided phone and computer
- Monitor and stock copier products for 10 machines
- Complete monthly fire extinguisher safety inspections
- Assist in completing/prioritizing various requests from other departments including Human Resources, Engineering and Facilities
Saab ATM, provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, including Tuition Assistance, cafeteria and Fitness Facility.
Your skills and experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years experience
- Must have a valid NYS driver's license
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Working knowledge of the FedEx and UPS online shipping systems
- Possess forklift certification
- Ability to lift heavy boxes(50+ lbs)
- Experience with Oracle E-Business Suite a plus
Must be a U.S. citizen. Candidates may also be required to participate in a security related (SF85) background investigation/inquiry.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 17,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.
Last updated: 03 February 2020 • 16:01