Why work at Saab?
“Saab Kockums has proven to me that if you have the will and courage to show true commitment, every career path is open regardless of age or gender.”
Mimmi Hansson, Senior Mechanical Designer
We are strengthening our Platforms section within the Design area at Saab Kockums and are looking to hire a couple of Mechanical Designers.
As a Mechanical Designer at the Platforms section every technical aspect of your work is of great importance. You will drive allocated design tasks according to stipulated deliveries with periodic reporting to Senior Designers and Project Leaders.
Your focus will be mainly on designing medium to large size load carrying welded steel structures for submarines. The design work may include other types of components and equipment as well.
- Propose design solutions based on defined functionality and technical requirements.
- Perform CAD-modelling to describe chosen design solutions.
- Produce manufacturing documents such as detail drawings, assembly drawings, weld drawings, bill of materials, parts lists, inspection plans, and other relevant supplementary information.
- Review manufacturing documents produced by colleagues.
- Request formal review of manufacturing documents and prepare the associated release process of these documents.
It takes plenty of skilled people to build a submarine! The role include extensive collaboration with colleagues both within the team as well as people from other teams and sections such as Hull, Arrangement, Analysis and Production. Traveling to our other sites or visiting sub-suppliers may be required a few times a year.
This position requires that you will be approved in a security screening in accordance with the Swedish Protective Security Act.
We are looking for you with a genuine technical interest and some experience from the type of work mentioned above. You should enjoy working in a CAD environment with full revision and release cycle functionality.
To be successful in this role, you need to enjoy working together with others and have the ability to build long-term professional relationships with colleagues at different levels and departments. Other abilities we like to see that you possess is curiosity, endurance and a proactive way.
- Bachelor degree in mechanical engineering
- Some years of relevant work experience (we are looking for both junior and more experienced colleagues)
- Knowledge and experience of working in PTC Creo and Windchill or similar CAD environment
- Knowledge of designing welded steel structures, plate fabrication and machining
- Good communication skills in Swedish and English, verbally as well as in writing
What you will be a part of
You will be part of a team of experienced Mechanical Designers who are dedicated to design work on new submarines. We are curious and eager to learn from your professional experience and look forward to share our knowledge with you.
You will have dedicated support in your daily work.
The employees at Saab Kockums are working together towards common goals which implies for one to continuously address challenges with great determination. An accomplishment will not only bring personal success but will also generate work within remaining disciplines which proves our mutual dependency.
When working hard you also need to have fun at work as well as off and the section arranges team activities and after-works now and then. At Saab we believe in work life balance!
Business Area Kockums
Inside our leading naval factory
If you are interested in what benefits you can take part of as an employee at Saab in Sweden, you can read more about them here.
Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and that the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement. Your application may be in Swedish or English.
Questions about the role? Don´t hesitate to contact Jonas Näsholm, recruiting manager +46 10 217 46 22
Charlotta Lundblad, HR Specialist Recruitment +46 734 34 12 74
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.