What you will be a part of
Saab Australia develops advanced defence and security systems for domestic and international markets. Over thirty years, the company has established a reputation as Australia’s leading capability systems integrator. We develop technology that pushes boundaries and breaks conventions to keep people and society safe.
Offering a fresh and vibrant workplace, Saab values a healthy work-life balance with a great working culture, generous benefits, flexible working hours and an active Social Club.
Sitting within Saab’s Underwater group, the Mechanical Engineer's main focus will be on the design, development, documentation and testing of a wide range of mechanical and electro-mechanical equipment, related to submarine platform engineering.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Involvement in all phases of R&D and product development from requirements gathering to initial and detailed design for products, systems and supporting assemblies
- Ensuring mechanical electro/mechanical design and testing is adequately documented according to the appropriate standards
- Ensuring that products and services meet all customer needs as well as meeting company requirements in terms of schedule/cost and quality
- Safeguarding the integrity of the engineering processes by following the defined processes and, where applicable, suggesting technical and process innovation and improvement
- Supporting the integration and on site testing of assigned components
- Supporting risk management of design and implementation alternatives
- Ensuring all applicable standards and QA procedures are followed to ensure regulatory compliance
Your skills and experience
- Formal tertiary qualifications in relevant discipline (e.g. mechanical and/or mechatronics engineering)
- Understanding of the lifecycles of small to medium sized hardware defence projects and appreciation of associated processes and levels of responsibilities
- Understanding of configuration management and Quality requirements (as required by ISO 9001)
- Demonstrated competency in designing and developing mechanical/electro-mechanical systems
- Demonstrated experience with design for manufacturing
- 3D CAD experience with mechanical/electro-mechanical equipment
- Hold an active NV1 Australian Defence security clearance, or be eligible to obtain one
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application by 23 July 2019. You may contact Toby Williamson for a copy of the full position description.
To work at Saab you must comply with Defence Industry security requirements (i.e. you will be an Australian citizen or able to meet eligibility requirements).
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.
Last updated: 09 July 2019 • 06:32