What you will be part of
At Saab Sensor Systems you will have the opportunity to collaborate with world-class engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development, collaboration and support at all levels. A business unit of Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems is focused on the design, development, integration, test, deployment, and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems, primarily for industry partners and US Government agencies. Headquartered in Syracuse, NY, we also offer opportunities to work from locations in Florida, North Carolina and Virginia.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems division (SDAS) is seeking a dynamic, results oriented individual Mechanical Engineer.
The successful candidate will participate in the design, development, fabrication, integration and test of complex military radar hardware, with responsibilities including:
- Identifying and solving problems associated with mechanical components.
- Developing knowledge to resolve design issues, supplier quality issues, manufacturing and field issues.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of mechanical engineering and application of those fundamentals to solve problems
- Creating and modifying assembly drawings, schematics, vendor item control drawings, connection diagrams and bills of materials for complex electronic equipment.
- Following company standard operating procedures and Quality System requirements to perform all aspects of the position
- Ability to plan, organize, and estimate required effort for responsible tasks.
- Understanding of and working within a team environment to obtain common goals.
- Ability to work independently to achieve technical and program requirements.
- Ability to work with other engineering disciplines to contribute to a collaborative development environment.
Your experiences and skills
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline (Master's degree is a plus).
- Previous Co-Op/ internship experience in a technical environment
- 0-5 years of professional technical experience
- Possess a broad range of applied and advanced design experience, including a fundamental understanding of the product development life cycle
- Desire to develop one’s knowledge of radar system design while gaining a fundamental understanding the product development life cycle
- Proven contributor on project teams to accomplish project objectives
- Effective contributor in a team environment, providing technical leadership where applicable.
- Experience using SolidWorks, AutoCad (DWG editor), DraftSight, MS Excel and MS Word to create drawings and documents.
- Possess general knowledge of industrial electronic systems including enclosures, cabinets, chassis, electrical connectors, cabling, and mounting hardware.
- Ability to read and review mechanical drawings for proper dimension tolerances and accuracy and completeness.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 15 November 2018 • 14:46