What you will be part of
Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves air traffic and marine customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. There are two operating units within TM: Air Traffic Management (ATM) provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions; Maritime Traffic Management (MTM) solutions include Automatic Identification Systems (AIS), port and vessel traffic management information systems (VTMIS), hydrographics, and precision navigation.
Saab Sensis seeks a dynamic, results oriented individual to fill the role of a Mechanical Engineer. As part of the Automation-Surveillance group within Saab Sensis, you will be working in a multi-faceted role as a Mechanical Engineer. You will be working alongside fellow mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, product development teams and program deployment teams. You will actively participate in product development and program deployment.
This candidate will participate in the design, development, fabrication, and deployment with responsibilities including:
- Creating and modifying assembly drawings, schematics, vendor item control drawings, connection diagrams and bills of materials for complex electronic equipment.
- Implementation of rack based processing equipment centers in support of various program deployments.
- Working with the product development team in support of new and on-going development relating to our sensor product portfolio.
- Identifying and solving problems associated with mechanical components.
- Developing knowledge to resolve design issues, supplier quality issues, manufacturing and field issues.
- Working with production staff to facilitate system builds and resolve technical issues.
- Working with field engineering to facilitate system installation.
- Following company standard operating procedures and Quality System requirements to perform all aspects of the position
- Ability to plan, organize, and estimate required effort for responsible tasks.
- Ability to work independently to achieve technical and program requirements.
At Saab Sensis you will have the opportunity to make a direct impact on state-of'-the-art products that save human lives. You will work closely with other systems, hardware, software, and test engineers to ensure that electronic products used for Air Traffic Surveillance meet their requirements and intended use. You will also work with world-class engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters professional development, collaboration and support at all levels.
Your skills and experience
Required Education and Experience:
- Possess a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering from a ABET accredited institution.
- At least two to five years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience with electronics packaging and thermal management.
- Understanding of design for outdoor service and weatherability.
- Experience with schematics and wiring diagrams for communication and central processing systems.
- Proven contributor on project teams to accomplish project objectives
- Effective contributor in a team environment, providing technical leadership where applicable.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of mechanical engineering and application of those fundamentals to solve problems.
- Well versed in SolidWorks 3D modeling, DraftSight or AutoCad for 2D drawings, MS Excel and MS Word to create drawings and documents.
- SolidWorks Simulation for stress analysis of various mechanical assemblies.
- Possess general knowledge of industrial electronic systems including enclosures, cabinets, chassis, electrical connectors, cabling, and mounting hardware.
- Ability to read and review mechanical drawings for proper dimension tolerances and accuracy and completeness.
- SolidWorks Flow (or similar CFD program) for thermal analysis.
- NEMA 4 / IP rated enclosure design.
To be successful, you should:
- Learn quickly
- Handle responsibility well
- Be self-motivated, energetic, inquisitive, well-organized, flexible, and thorough
- Practice clear, concise, and correct written and oral communication, including grammar, spelling, and composition
- Display well-developed problem-solving skills
- Maintain high standards of quality and attention to detail
- Demonstrate time management and prioritization skills
Saab Sensis provides an excellent working environment offering professional growth opportunities, competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, work/life balance, business-casual atmosphere, paid holidays, cafeteria and a fitness facility.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
As a Federal Contractor for the United States, Saab Sensis is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be permanent residents or U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.