Media Relations Manager in Saab Press Centre
Saab Press Center is now hiring a pragmatic, service-minded and solution-oriented person to work with other highly skilled professionals in an environment that fosters career development and personal growth.
Group communication leads and develops communication at Saab. Press Centre is a unit within Group Communication and is responsible for managing, driving and developing Saab’s media relations and communication through media globally. As a Media Relations Manager, you will work side by side with other media relations managers and report to Head of Press Centre, Saab’s Press Officer.
· Handling the press duty and enquiries from journalists and other media contacts via telephone calls, email and written correspondence
· Cooperate with every part of Saab with focus on strengthening the brand and support business processes through a pro-active media work
· Act as the company’s spokes-person in relation to media contacts
· Planning and organizing media events, interviews and press conferences
· Building strong relationships with media representatives and other managers within Saab
· Monitoring current affairs within media relating to our company, the industry and other important stakeholders
· Write and distribute news releases and develop the Press Centre media contacts database both nationally and internationally
· Plan, execute and follow-up media activities
· Handles the Press duty telephone 24/7 on a rotating basis: reachable at all time and take care of and carry through media request
· Drive and inspire excellent communication
Would you like to know more about the Saab-life and the benefits of joining us? Read our People Philosophy.
We think that you have experience of working with media relations and/or experience from within journalism with extensive and broad communication content. That you obtain good and suitable oral skills and a good ability to express yourself in speech and in writing. We hope that you have experience in both operational and strategic communication work, and a good understanding of global communications.
It is important that you obtain a pragmatic, service-minded and solution-oriented approach, as well as good judgment and high personal integrity. You should have good analytical ability and high flexibility to handle and respond to upcoming situations. Good stylistic ability when it comes to writing and excellent multi-tasking capability with a high degree of flexibility.
· Experience of working with media relations and/or experience from within journalism with extensive and broad communication content
· Experience in both operational and strategic communication work
· Experience from an international company and ability to in practice link communication to business value
· Demonstrated experience from handling external relations
· Experience from project management, preferably from the area of communication, with a high degree of integrity and critical, analytical thinking
What you will be a part of
Saab is a world-leading defence and security company with products, services and solutions within the defence and civil security sectors. Saab has operations and employees on all continents around the world. Fighter jets, submarines and radars are just some examples of what we do. You will be a part of Saab Press Center and collaborate with highly skilled professionals in an environment that fosters career development and personal growth.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.
Göteborg, Karlskoga, or Linköping, Sweden.
June 28, 2019. Interviews will start from the beginning of August.
Saab Press Officer and Head of Saab Press Centre
+46 734 18 70 52