What you will be a part of
Saab Australia develops advanced defence and security systems for domestic and international markets. Our intuitive real-time command and control; command support; security and surveillance; and mixed reality applications are designed to adapt to today’s rapidly changing defence and security challenges. Over thirty years, the company has established a reputation as Australia’s leading capability systems integrator. We develop technology that pushes boundaries and breaks conventions to keep people and society safe.
Offering a fresh and vibrant workplace, Saab values a healthy work-life balance with a great working culture, generous benefits, flexible working hours and an active Social Club.
The Modelling & Analysis Engineer will be responsible for conducting a range of complex software and system modelling activities. These modelling activities will include the development and improvement of automated Combat System response for tasks that are too complex for humans to optimise effectively in real-time.
Key responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Maintaining corporate knowledge of search and optimisation algorithms
- Furthering corporate knowledge of meta-heuristic techniques
- Evaluating and customising search and optimisation algorithms, including meta-heuristic approaches
- Assisting with the design and implementation of frameworks for evaluating software systems
- Continuously developing knowledge and understanding of current and emerging optimisation techniques
- Designing and implementing selected algorithms within a defined framework
- Designing and executing formal experiments to evaluate software performance against multiple metrics
- Documenting algorithm, experiment and software designs
- Conducting systems and/or software engineering activities and producing all artefacts required for deliverables and internal reviews
Your skills and experience
- Recent work experience with and/or academic study of advanced search and optimisation algorithms, with an emphasis on higher-dimensional search spaces, non-convex constraints and real-time, incremental optimisation
- Tertiary engineering qualifications in systems, electronic/electrical, computer systems or related technical discipline
- Three or more years of systems engineering and/or software engineering experience
- Competent computer programming skills across Java or a similar language
- Strong understanding of formal statistical methods, including Matlab and/or R development
- Ability to independently generate, iterate and evaluate novel algorithm designs.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to convey complex concepts clearly
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application by 1 May 2019. You may contact Josh Deane for a copy of the full position description.
To work at Saab you must comply with Defence Industry security requirements (i.e. you will be an Australian citizen or able to meet eligibility requirements).
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.
Last updated: 17 April 2019 • 03:47