Are you up for the exciting journey of being part of something new and part of our growing contribution to the Finnish Security of Supply – this is the position for you! We are now recruiting a complete software development team to our Finland expansion. Moreover, we would love to work with you in creating a working environment characterised by meaningful work in a helpful, international context.
Our vision for the team
With the expertise and experience of Swedish and Australian C2S organisation backing you up, the Finnish team can run both development and operations self-sufficiently from A to Z. Core values of the team are: “I got your back” and willingness to help out.
Our vision is for the team to grow skills within these concepts:
- Development of application software – Java, C++, Ada
- Linux environment and operating systems – Python, Go
- Virtualization and containerization – Docker, Git, VMware
- Test automation and verification of the software
- Continuous integration, continuous deployment and DevOps
- Agile methods, sprint planning, daily scrum and retrospective
What we know
You will be part of developing our world-class Combat Systems and C4I Solutions. The position is located in our newly renovated office in Tampere. The team will work closely to our organisation for naval command & control products – the 9LV system family. Development and delivery of these products take place at multiple sites in Sweden and Australia, with more than 500 colleagues.
The team is responsible for design, implementation and test of the software as well as first line of support for the development environment. As a member of the team, you have the opportunity to learn from each other and have much influence on our products, technical solutions, as well as our ways of working.
As a person, you are truly a doer, willing to get hands-on solving any problems needed to help the product and the organisation move forward. You have a collaborative mind-set and you are a team player that encourages an open, trustful and innovative climate.
You are probably a good match if you can relate to at least three of these statements:
- You get excited by the idea of being part of something new!
- You like facing challenges as a team
- You like expanding your skillset
- Agile ways of working and DevOps
- You aim for high quality and at being genuinely proud of your work
- You are an experienced software engineer ready to face new complex tasks
- You are a graduate with an eagerness to work with something that makes an impact in the world
- You want to work at a large international company
- Experience from software development, virtualisation and/or network configuration
- You like working both in teams and independently
- Good communication skills in speaking and writing (Finnish and English)
- Bachelor’s degree within Science/Engineering/Technology, within computer science, engineering physics or equivalent
What you will be part of
Saab is a global defense and security company in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number 17 400 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one fourth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is also a company with opportunities. A company where we see diversity as an asset and where you have both considerable responsibility and good opportunities for advancing in your career. But also a company that respects each person’s needs for a rewarding life beyond work.
Finland is and has been a key nation for Saab. Saab has cooperated with the Finnish Defense Force since the 1950s, delivering a wide range of systems from fighter aircraft, radars and training simulators, to naval weapons and C4I systems. Hundreds of thousands of Finns have used Saab products in military service.
Our Combat Systems and C4I Solution (C2S) business unit supplies world leading Command and Control systems, product and services to the armed forces. We operate globally with local sites in Sweden, Australia and Finland. As a part of growing the C2S business and us seeking to be closer to our Finnish customer, we now expand C2S business to our site in Tampere.
To find out more about our products, check this out!
This position have tasks including defense secrecy. It therefore requires you to conduct and receive an approved security clearance by responsible authorities.
For any questions please contact Per Ekman, +46 102156108 or email@example.com.