What you will be part of
Country Unit Canada represents Saab’s business and product portfolio throughout Canada. The region has a large number of existing and upcoming programs and the business opportunities will be as diverse and challenging.
Saab Canada is seeking an Office Administrator to be responsible for planning and overseeing all administrative support and office services. This includes coordinating and communicating office activities, reception duties, shipping and receiving, ordering of office supplies and stationery and basic executive assistance duties.
Responsibilities will include:
- Overall office coordination to assist Ottawa based Saab personnel in efficiently and effectively performing their duties.
- Create a professional and welcoming environment for international and domestic customers, vendors, visitors and employees.
- Greet visitors at the head office, maintain visitor log and distribute badges
- Provide professional phone coverage at all times; screen all calls and determine those that require immediate attention
- Coordination of travel arrangements
- Overall management of office calendars
- Coordination and scheduling of meetings
- Process and track expense reimbursements
- Maintaining and updating contacts lists
- Inventory and ordering of Office Supplies
- Provide backup support to others as needed
- Assist with management of contract documentation
- Assist with additional projects and other duties as required
- Work in alignment with Saab’s policies and directives.
Annual salary for this position will be $40,000-$45,000 CAD, depending on years of relevant experience.
Your experiences and skills
- High School diploma or equivalent experience is required. An Associate Degree in related business field is preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience as an administrative support or receptionist in a professional environment
- Proficiency in e-mail, Microsoft office suite
- Self-starter and self-directed with the ability to think creatively for efficiency and process improvement
- Ability to multi-task, balancing a number of tasks efficiently
- Excellent customer service skills with positive and helpful demeanor
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills while knowing your audience
- Punctuality and dependability
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Organizational skills and project coordination experience with attention to detail
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development. Saab Canada is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. We are committed to excellence in serving all customers, including people with disabilities, and we encourage feedback on the provision of these services.
Last updated: 13 August 2019 • 22:01