What you will be part of
At Saab Surveillance U.S. you will have the opportunity to collaborate with world-class engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development, collaboration and support at all levels. A business unit of Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, the division is focused on the design, development, integration, test, deployment, and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems, primarily for industry partners and U.S. Government agencies. Headquartered in Syracuse, NY, we also offer opportunities to work from locations in Florida, North Carolina and Virginia. Saab provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Surveillance U.S. Division is seeking a highly motivated Digital/Embedded Design Engineer to lead at the forefront of design, development and fabrication of next-generation radar surveillance systems. The position involves:
- Working as a technical lead to design and architect digital subsystems.
- Selecting and proposing methods and techniques for implementing solutions in leading edge technology (including field programmable gate arrays (FPGAs), system on a chip (SoC) devices, microcontrollers, high bandwidth memories, and high speed communication interfaces).
- Leading internal technical meetings and design reviews.
- Assisting in the planning of tasks and collection/reporting of execution metrics.
- Using your experience to work as part of team to contribute to process improvements.
Your skills and experience
Required Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or other technical degree.
- 10+ years of experience in real-time embedded systems design and architecture.
- Experience developing the requirements, architecture, and design for a System from the ground up.
- Familiarity with System modeling and the ability to describe the System using standard artifacts (e.g. DoDAF, SysML, UML).
- Experience estimating and justifying size/cost/schedule of a software development effort.
- Expertise in low-level technical kernel/processor hardware development.
- Experience developing and testing multi-core and real-time multi-threaded systems.
- Familiarity with low-level I/O (SpW/I2C/SPI/SRIO/PCI/PCIe).
- Familiarity with software application and product life cycle.
- Must hold or be able to obtain U.S. DoD SECRET security clearance.
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Experience with RFSOC architectures, design and implementation.
- Detailed background in developing Secure Operating Systems.
- Experience in BSP and embedded software development using VxWorks, Green Hills Integrity, or Linux.
- Competence in embedded software debugging and analysis tools (e.g. JTAG, GDB, etc.).
- Good understanding of various microprocessor architectures (e.g. PPC, ARM, x86, etc.).
- Understanding of agile (and other) software methodologies.
- Experience with large scale sensor data processing/distributed parallel processing.
- Familiarity with cloud technologies.
- Familiarity with cyber security or cryptography.
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.
Last updated: 17 June 2019 • 20:46