Saab's Radar Surveillance division is seeking a Principal Radar Systems Engineer. This is a strategic role and this individual will be a leader within Saab’s growing radar business and as such will support IR&D activities as well as high profile radar programs. The successful candidate will be driven by a desire to grow and expand Saab’s radar product portfolio by:
• Influencing customer expectations
• Analyzing and responding to customer requirements
• Defining radar system architectures
• Conducting analyses of alternatives
• Establishing system budgets and
• Developing and maintaining functional, allocated and product baselines for the radar systems that comprise the Saab product portfolio.
The Principal Radar Systems Engineer will actively participate in the professional development of junior systems engineers and support Saab Engineering Management by identifying technical knowledge/ skill gaps, and develop strategies to address these gaps.
The location of this position is flexible; the successful candidate will have the ability to either work remotely or onsite in the East Syracuse, NY office.
Skills and Experience:
- 20+ years of experience in the analysis and definition of system architectures in the DoD or Aerospace radar system domains.
- Bachelor's Degree in an appropriate engineering or scientific discipline is required, Master's Degree is strongly preferred.
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 17,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.