What you will be part of
Saab Barracuda LLC is a business unit operating within Saab Defense and Security USA LLC in Lillington, North Carolina. Saab Barracuda is the world's leading supplier of products and services within multispectral signature management and force protection technology. Saab Barracuda is at the front line of research and development within the area and the company has built a solid competence, when it comes to optimizing signature management solutions. Saab Defense and Security USA LLC provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Barracuda LLC is seeking Process Operators to operate the quilting machines, Panel Cut Table, Beckett Loop machine, and Seamer. This position will be fulltime-temporary to support a 2-year contract, working 40 hours per week.
- Perform the physical and administrative tasks involved in operating quilting machines to sew multispectral material.
- Operate panel cut table to cut proper length panels for various size products.
- Operate becket loop machines to produce webbing assemblies used in other operations. Operate a seamer to sew multiple panels needed for various size products.
- Use multiple sewing methods and machines.
- Place die cut garnish fabric onto quilting machine and combine it with base fabric utilizing the sewing capability of the quilting machine.
- Adjust garnish stretch percentage to within standard parameters.
- Prevent “pin-outs” from occurring and pay attention to stitch quality and edge trimming.
- Fold and roll into panels for seaming operation.
- Align cutting knife on the table for proper angles.
- Oversee the operation of three becket loop machines in a work cell to minimize downtime and maximizing production.
- Produce becket loop edge webbing assembly to sew on camouflage products.
- Monitor the supply of webbing, edge cord and thread to make sure sufficient supplies are available to maintain production.
- Seam the appropriate panels together to create various camouflage products.
- Ensure finished seam integrity as outlined.
- Audit own work during and after manufacturing processes.
- Cut webbing to required lengths and assemble straps/buckles.
- Recognize defects and correct/stop machine, if not producing first quality material.
- Document daily production information on associate production report.
- Maintain a safe working environment in assigned workspace.
- Perform morning and mid-day stretches.
- Use proper lifting techniques and lifting equipment for material movements into and out of the machine.
Your skills and experience
Required Education, Experience and Skills:
- High school diploma or educational equivalent
- 3+ years of relevant experience in a manufacturing environment. Previous quilting, panel cut, becket loop or seamer experience is desired.
- Knowledge to recognize defects and correct/stop machine
- Ability to understand CAD drawings.
- Ability to perform all necessary data entry into Business System.
- Ability to read and interpret safety rules, work instructions and job safety analysis.
- Ability to recognize and notify supervision and/or maintenance when abnormal machine conditions occur.
- Master multiple tasks and machines.
- Possess good inter-personal skills to allow one to work well with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Production Supervisor, Production Lead and co-workers
- Must be self-mobile and able to stand for extended periods.
- Ability to perform physical tasks such as sitting, bending, stooping, walking, climbing, reaching during a normal workday.
- Ability to lift up to thirty-five (35) pounds
- Hearing and vision within normal ranges is important for conversations, and to receive ordinary information and directives from Production Supervisors and management as required
- Ability to work extended hours when required.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation, drug test, and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be a U.S. citizen, green card holder, or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 05 September 2019 • 10:46