The Program Department within Business Unit Missile Systems feature several roles including Product Managers. The Product Manager governs continuous ability to produce products with good profitability as well as the requirement to take the product into the future with a competitive edge.
The Product Manager governs the product during the entire lifecycle in order to ensure that any production obstacles are managed, the product roadmap is maintained in ongoing projects and that the product stays relevant. In order to do this the Product Manager is part of a team with for instance the Product Sales Responsible, the Program Manager for ongoing contracts as well as the Commercial Manager. A close relation to Operations, i.e. Development, Purchasing and Production, is also of essence since this is where a substantial part of the job gets done.
Main tasks are:
· Planning, execution and monitoring of relevant product management activities in accordance the Product Lifecycle Management Process (PLCM). This is performed in order to stay ahead of any obstacles that may arise following for instance sunset dates of banned substances.
· Preparing product decisions at Portfolio Council.
· Survey the competition in order to identify and initiate development of new functionality.
· Support operations in ongoing development efforts.
· Maintain and develop partner relations
· Support cost estimation activities during the Winning Business process.
We think that you have a well developed technical perspective as well as drive and integrity in order to fulfil the role as Product Manager. To initiate, manage and develop relations is of essence in many roles but especially for Product Management of Taurus since the Taurus missile involves several stakeholders, both within Saab as well with the Joint Venture TSG (Taurus Systems GmbH – MBDA Germany and Saab Dynamics).
Desired ‘soft’ skills:
Although it is a merit to have previous experience of the Taurus system, or equivalent systems, it should be emphasized that equally important, or perhaps instead of previous relevant technical experience, is your attitude and desire to learn new things. If you have a genuine interest to listen, learn and grow in your role there are experienced colleagues close by that will introduce and support you depending on your previous experience. The Saab values; Expertise, Trust and Drive is not an abstract motto, they are vital professional success factors when reflected in our character and we need them all to build successful teams.
· Bachelor or Master degree in engineering or other relevant College education
· Previous relevant industry experience associated with Product Management
· Mananagerial experience and ability to connect with people internally but also with partners, customers and suppliers.
· Good communication skills in English, verbal and written
· Driving licence, ability and will to travel both domestic and international travels
· Swedish citizenship since the role include national defence secrecy
· Experience from defence industry in similar role
· Experience with development environment / processes
· International experience
· A well developed business perspective
· Experience in translating need or requirements to activities or functions
· Experience of the Taurus Missile system
What you will be a part of
You will work with experienced professionals in an environment that depends on the necessity of close cooperation between several roles, functions and partners.
You will be part of the Program department within Business Unit Missiles Systems which feature; Product Managers, Program Managers and Quality Managers located both in Linköping and Karlskoga. Marketing & Sales as well as Commercial & Business Support are also part of Business Unit Missile Systems. Business Unit Missile Systems is one of five Business Units within the Business Area Dynamics.
You can send your application in either Swedish or English.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.