What you will be part of
Saab Sensor Systems is a rapidly growing business unit located in Syracuse, NY operating within Saab Defense and Security USA LLC. The Sensor Systems Division is focused on design, development, integration, test, deployment and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems primarily for aerospace and defense industry partners, and US Government agencies. Saab Defense and Security USA LLC provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is seeking a Production Test Engineer to provide outstanding service to all Saab Defense and Security customers. The candidate must be highly motivated and committed to solving customer problems. A positive outlook, desire to help others, ability to listen and work collaboratively are crucial to succeed in this position.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots, repairs and debugs complex radar, electro/mechanical equipment, computer systems, software, and networked and/or wireless systems.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex issues independently or in collaboration with others.
- Reports design, reliability, and maintenance problems or bugs to design engineering/software engineering.
- May interact with internal or external customers on specific technical issues.
- May support other company functional areas such as customer installation and training.
- Must be eligible to obtain US Government security clearance.
- Must be capable of lifting and removing/replacing components weighing 50 pounds or more.
Your experiences and skills
Required Education and Experience:
- AAS degree or higher in an engineering or related discipline
- 3+ years of experience OR 8+ years of relevant military or aerospace experience
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 06 March 2018 • 21:31