What you will be part of
At Saab Surveillance U.S. you will have the opportunity to collaborate with world-class engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development, collaboration and support at all levels. A business unit of Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, the division is focused on the design, development, integration, test, deployment, and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems, primarily for industry partners and U.S. Government agencies. Headquartered in Syracuse, NY, we also offer opportunities to work from locations in Florida, North Carolina and Virginia. Saab provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Surveillance U.S. division is seeking a dynamic, results-oriented Program Management Director, responsible for the profitable execution of its Naval Business portfolio. Furthermore, this person will develop and implement a successful business growth strategy within their assigned segment including the recommendation and execution of IRAD plans to support long term business objectives.
Responsibilities will include mentorship and leadership of the program execution staff within the business area, identification and pursuit of significant new business opportunities, and interfacing across disciplines and departments to achieve business objectives. In addition, the candidate will have demonstrated experience in the design, development and fielding of large scale, complex Naval radar, electronic warfare, and command & control systems. The preferred candidate will have an in-depth knowledge of Naval radar, EW, and C2 systems, markets, and technologies through several years of working in this domain.
- Accountable for cost, schedule and technical performance of assigned Program portfolios.
- Establish and control program budgets that are aligned with program needs.
- Ensure all projects within assigned program are managed and executed within approved program management processes.
- Make personnel recommendations in support of business objectives.
- Drive Earned Value Management principles and initiatives within the business and use EVMS to report program status internally and externally.
- Oversee profitable growth of the program segment.
- Work closely with Business Development personnel to maintain institutional knowledge of the competitive landscape in the market segment.
- Develop high quality competitive proposals that facilitate achievement of business segment objectives.
- Collaborate with all functions within Surveillance U.S. and the greater Saab market area portfolio to leverage program execution and capture strategies and resources through the design and manufacturing phases of the programs in the portfolio.
- Grow relationships in the customer community and with large industry primes to service existing programs and find new and unique ways to deploy our technology to meet customer needs.
- Provide consistent leadership to the program execution staff to ensure effective and efficient execution of assigned programs.
- Monitor and guide junior program managers to achieve delivery of distinctively high quality products and services; to include performance, reliability, cost and on-time delivery.
- Contribute to the development and retention of program management talent.
Your experiences and skills
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, or related engineering discipline, MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of Program Management experience, $50M – $100M+ program lifecycle.
- 10+ years of People Management experience, directly or indirectly leading organizations of 10 or more individuals.
- 10+ years of Defense/ Aerospace Industry experience in Engineering, Business or related discipline.
- Extensive experience successfully negotiating multi-million dollar agreements with large Aerospace and Defense customers.
- Demonstrated track record leading large scale aerospace and defense business capture efforts.
- Possesses advanced knowledge of program management standards and best practices (scheduling, cost accounting, EVMS, Risk/Opportunity management)
- Ability to contribute to the development strategy and lead strategic initiatives in support of functional and business objectives.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Willingness to travel up to 30% in support of program and business development efforts.
- Capable of obtaining a Secret level clearance
- Thorough knowledge of customers within the U.S. acquisition, requirements development, operational, test & evaluation and research & development communities
- Experience with Foreign Military Sales
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.