What you will be part of
Aviation stakeholders face a greater number of challenges and more complex demands than ever before. At Saab Air Traffic Management (ATM), we continually find new ways to address these challenges and enable safe, predictable, and efficient operations. We go beyond existing solutions, pioneering new ideas and helping to set industry standards.
Saab ATM’s expertise spans operations, surveillance sensors, ATC automation, collaborative decision making, and digital towers. Our solutions are trusted by air navigation service providers, airports and airlines at over 100 locations in more than 45 countries. As a global leading partner and provider of proven ATM solutions and services, we transform operations, turning innovative ideas into reality and supporting stakeholders from solution conception through long-term support.
Saab ATM has an opening for a Program Manager in our Syracuse, NY office supporting the Collaborative Decision Making (CDM) and Efficiency Division.
The candidate will work with the software development team on Turn-Key/ and or Service based web-deployed Airport Surface/Gate Area Management tool. This tool provides situational awareness for Airport Ramp and Gate areas for airline and airport controllers and managers responsible for the management of those areas on the airport surface.
Objectives include the delighting current and future customers and developing a profitable portfolio of programs. The successful candidate will oversee the execution of contracts, provide support for proposals to gain future business, and achieve contract objectives including performance, cost, schedule, and customer satisfaction. In this role you will be expected to develop strategies to grow our business, provide excellent team leadership, and assist in developing a talented, skilled motivated team.
- Work closely with the software development team to ensure program execution is on schedule, within budget and fully compliant with all customer and Saab ATM requirements
- Maintain a positive and productive customer relationship for Turn-key and Service Delivery Customers
- Develop and maintain Program Plans. Support cost management, budgeting and financial tracking
- Identify risk areas and devise plans to mitigate
- Support marketing and business development plans for the capture of new business by providing technical proposals, cost quotations, and a smooth transition from proposals to programs
- Work to expand existing projects, and develop creative/innovative solutions that address customer needs
- Provide leadership, mentoring, and coaching to those working on your projects
- Advise on staffing and training required to execute programs
- Conduct/maintain competitive awareness and analyses for your area of focus. Develop strategies to overcome competitive threats as new business is pursued
- Contribute to best practices in program management strategy and tactics. Identify characteristics, processes, strategies that correlate to excellence in PM
- Conduct program reviews with the team
- Interface with senior management as required
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor degree or equivalent required
Technical Degree desired
- MBA, and/or PM certification (e.g. PMI) a plus
- 6+ years Program/Project Management experience depending on education background.
- Must be able to work in a Team Environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills required
- Managed software programs that involve state-of-the-art designs
- Demonstrated success at leading a program from definition, through execution and to completion, which should include exposure to program accounting and budgets, risk analysis and managing multiple programs simultaneously
- Effective communicator within technical and non-technical environments. You are a team player, hands-on, detail oriented and have good prioritization skills. You are comfortable making assertive decisions
- Airport/ Airline domain expertise
- MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project)
- Saab Sensis MOPS/MIPS experience
Travel Requirements: 25% Domestic and International Travel
Saab ATM provides an excellent working environment offering professional growth opportunities, competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, work/life balance, business-casual atmosphere, paid holidays, cafeteria and a fitness facility.
Must be a U.S. citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder), or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.