What you will be part of
At Saab Surveillance U.S. you will have the opportunity to collaborate with world-class engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development, collaboration and support at all levels. A business unit of Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, the division is focused on the design, development, integration, test, deployment, and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems, primarily for industry partners and U.S. Government agencies. Headquartered in Syracuse, NY, we also offer opportunities to work from locations in Florida, North Carolina and Virginia. Saab provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Surveillance U.S. division is seeking a Program Manager (PM) to manage all radar system Post-Delivery Support activities, which commences after the system hardware is delivered to the shipyard. This includes, but is not limited to, Set to Work, Harbor Acceptance Testing, Builder’s Sea Trials, Sea Acceptance Testing and Initial Crew Training. The PM will coordinate these activities with the prime customer and Saab engineers and/or field technicians as appropriate.
In addition, the PM will be responsible for all spare parts and repair activities for previously delivered radar systems as well as assisting with technology transfers as necessary. This will include coordination of quoting activities, placement of purchase orders, tracking of promise dates and receipts in addition to tracking any items borrowed between ships. The PM will be responsible for cost, schedule and quality metrics for all of the above activities.
The successful candidate will use professional concepts and apply demonstrated knowledge of program/project management principles and concepts to resolve a variety of issues. To be successful in this role you must demonstrate expertise across a range of program management, process improvement, project management, and leadership skills.
Additional responsibilities of this role include:
- Development and management of product development priorities by coordinating with programs and customer service, both internal & external.
- Authorize and execute product development plans.
- Plan, coordinate and conduct team meetings.
- Support manufacturing, subcontract management and purchasing.
- Support resource planning.
- Ensure compliance with Saab SOPs.
- Interface with Contracts, Finance, CM, QA, and Purchasing organizations across multiple Saab sites, including international locations.
- Generate, track and maintain project action items and risks.
- Establish the manufacturing resource requirements, including quantity and skill of personnel, tooling, test equipment, and support systems (i.e. material and factory planning/control systems) for various programs.
- Troubleshoot shipping and delivery problems.
Your skills and experience
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering, Business, or related discipline with 8+ years of relevant experience, or Master’s degree with 6+ years of experience.
- Knowledge of Military Logistics/Maintenance Principals (Naval preferred)
- Experience using systems to drive process improvement
- Experience working in a team environment
- Experience in Project Management and/or Manufacturing Project Management/Operations is desired but not required.
- Understanding of Master Data principles
- Understanding of continuous improvement concepts and principles, i.e. lean, six sigma.
- Understanding of DOD acquisition process
- ERP experience
- Proficient in Microsoft office products (Word, Visio, Excel, Project, PowerPoint)
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, enthusiastic, strong work ethic
- Highly organized, ability to multi-task, strong time management skills, and ability to follow-up on action items and requests in a timely manner.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, decentralized environment.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Quality and improvement focused.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Comfortable working with various levels of people in the organization.
- Ability to drive and influence cross functional teams without direct authority.
- Constant desire to learn.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%, domestic and international.
- Capable of obtaining a Secret level clearance.
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.