What you will be part of
At Saab Sensor Systems you will have the opportunity to collaborate with world-class engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development, collaboration and support at all levels. A business unit of Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems is focused on the design, development, integration, test, deployment, and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems, primarily for industry partners and US Government agencies. Headquartered in Syracuse, NY, we also offer opportunities to work from locations in Florida, North Carolina and Virginia.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems division is seeking a dynamic, results-oriented individual to fill the role of a Program Manager (PM). The successful candidate will use professional concepts and apply demonstrated knowledge of program/project management principles and concepts to resolve a variety of issues. To be successful in this role you must demonstrate expertise across a range of program management, process improvement, project management, and leadership skills.
Responsibilities will include but may not be limited to the following:
- Development and management of product development priorities by coordinating with programs and customer service, both internal
- Authorizing and executing product development plans
- Plan, coordinate and conduct team meetings
- Support manufacturing, subcontract management and purchasing
- Support resource planning
- Ensure compliance with Saab SOPs
- Interface with Contracts, Finance, CM, QA, and purchasing organizations across multiple Saab sites, including international locations
- Generate, track and maintain project action items and risks
- Establish the manufacturing resource requirements, including quantity and skill of personnel, tooling, test equipment, and support systems (i.e. material and factory planning/control systems) for various programs
Your experiences and skills
Required Education and Experience:
- BA/BS degree in an engineering, business, or related discipline with 8+ years of experience or MA/MS degree with 6+ years of experience
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, strong work ethic
- Highly organized, strong time management skills, and ability to follow-up action items and requests
- Results oriented
- Quality and improvement focused
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with various levels of people in the organization
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Constant desire to learn
- Experience in Project Management
- Experience in Manufacturing Project Management/Operations
- Experience working in a team environment
- Experience with Microsoft products (Word, Visio, Excel, Project, PowerPoint)
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 14,700 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 24 April 2018 • 13:16