The Program Department within Business Unit Missile Systems feature Program managers for all Customer Contracts. The context is an international arena with close coopration with several international partners in all our products.
The Program Manager (Contract Responsible) governs our contractual obligations and ensure that all conditions are or will be fulfilled in order to successfully deliver according to plan or expectations. To initiate, maintain and develop interpersonal relations is an important part of the job. The work is done in a team context where the Business Unit provide several of the Program Management roles. Close cooperation with Operations in terms of Development, Purchasing and Production is also of essence.
Certain strategic initiatives does not only require close cooperation within the Business Unit and Operations, it might also include the strategic dept within Business Area Dynamics and/or other Business Areas within Saab.
Program management in general is performed in accordance with our Global Management System (GMS), Execute Business HOW-0005 where tasks are several but to mention a few:
- Planning, execution and monitoring of relevant program management activities
- Initiate, maintain and develop partner relations
- Direct and support for instance Project Managers within Operations.
- Syncronize contract conditions with the Product Management roadmap for the applicable product.
We think that you have a well developed commercial and business perspective, preferably in an international context. Negotiation skills, with associated sense for diplomacy, drive and integrity, are also important properties in your character.
- Mananagerial experience and ability to connect with people internally but also with partners, customers and suppliers.
- Very good communication skills in Swedish and English, verbal and written
- Bachelor or Master degree in relevant College education, technical, legal or financial
- Driving licence including ability and will to travel both national and international travels, predominantly within Europe.
- International experience from defence industry in similar role
- Experience in translating need or requirements to activities or functions
- Experience of the products in Business Unit Missile Systems portfolio.
This position requires that you will be approved in a security screening in accordance with the Swedish Protective Security Act.
What you will be a part of
You will work with experienced professionals in an environment that depends on the necessity of close cooperation between several roles, functions and partners.
You will be part of the Program department within Business Unit Missiles Systems which feature; Product Managers, Program Managers and Quality Managers located both in Linköping and Karlskoga. However, close cooperation is also applicable with Marketing & Sales as well as Commercial & Business Support that are also part of Business Unit Missile Systems. Business Unit Missile Systems is one of five Business Units within the Business Area Dynamics.
We put great emphasis in trust, transparency and collaboration and have a strong belief that a sound culture is the foundation in creating high performing teams.
We apply ongoing selection for this recruitment which means that the position may be filled prior to the job ads expiration date. If you feel confident that you match the profile described above - please forward you application as soon as possible.
You can send your application in either Swedish or English.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.