What you will be a part of
As part of Saab Australia’s Civil Solutions group, the OneView™ physical security information management solution offers integration of a wide range of third party and customer preferred subsystems including CCTV, access control, intercoms, perimeter detection, duress and intruder detection. We tailor each solution to meet specific customer needs across industries such as corrections, health, government and defence, providing effective insurance against evolving requirements and future technology changes.
Offering a fresh and vibrant workplace, Saab values a healthy work-life balance with a great working culture, industry leading benefits, and flexible working hours.
The Project Manager – Electronic Security will provide leadership of a project with multiple internal and external stakeholders. This will involve project managing the team responsible for the design, configuration, installation and commissioning of OneView™ and related third party security equipment into multiple sites across Australian capital cities.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Managing the overall delivery of Electronic Security projects, especially as they relate to OneView installations and other cutting edge security technologies such as biometrics, facial recognition and data analytics
- Setup, management and reporting of projects, including project estimating, planning and scheduling
- Identifying and progressing variations, delay notices, requests for information, prolongation claims and site disputes and other such site works
- Managing the project finances including financial forecasting, preparation of quotations, estimates to complete and managing overall project budget
- Managing the procurement of equipment and materials required to complete tasks
- Leadership of a project team, including definition of roles and responsibilities, delegation and follow up
- Liaison and management with a range of customer stakeholders
Please note: In visiting geographically dispersed project locations, there will be regular travel required of the successful candidate. There is also flexibility for the role to be based out of either Adelaide, Canberra or Melbourne.
As an ideal candidate for this role, you will possess:
- Experience managing security systems integration and security equipment installation projects or similar
- Thorough comprehension of commercial issues and contract execution requirements
- Demonstrated experience in driving outcomes with sub-contractors and suppliers
- High level of competence in project engineering and management/team leadership
- Self-motivation, team focus and effective communication at all levels
- Well-developed customer interfacing and management skills
- A government issued NV1 security clearance or eligibility to obtain and maintain this level of clearance
- State based individual security license or the eligibility and willingness to obtain one
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your application by 25 August 2019. You may contact Josh Deane for a copy of the full position description.
To work at Saab you must comply with Defence Industry security requirements (i.e. you will be an Australian citizen or able to meet eligibility requirements).
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.