What you will be a part of
Surveillance provides efficient solutions for safety and security, for surveillance and decision support, and for threat detection and protection. The portfolio covers airborne, ground-based and naval radar, electronic warfare, combat systems and C4I solutions, and traffic management systems.
Saab Australia develops advanced defence and security systems for domestic and international markets. Our intuitive real-time command and control; command support; security and surveillance; and mixed reality applications are designed to adapt to today’s rapidly changing defence and security challenges. Over thirty years, the company has established a reputation as Australia’s leading capability systems integrator. We develop technology that pushes boundaries and breaks conventions to keep people and society safe.
Offering a fresh, vibrant place to work, Saab backs its commitment to offering a healthy work-life balance with a great working culture, generous benefits, flexible working hours, and an active Social Club.
This newly created role will provide project leadership for a range of small and large ICT projects delivering significant benefits across the business.
As a strong project leader in the information technology domain; you will be able to demonstrate your expertise in driving information technology projects ranging from small to large scale transformation and technology programs.
It is expected you will have experience in all aspects of project management competences.
Key responsibilities include, but will not be limited to:
- Developing the project approach to achieve project and corporate outcomes, including identification of opportunity in order to maximise outcomes
- Preparing, monitoring and revising project plans, estimates, cost accounts and schedules
- Defining, managing, and owning the scope of work, including schedule, cost and quality outcomes for the project
- Leading and presenting status at Steering Committee Meetings and Progress Meetings
- Managing variations and scope change
- Driving and managing stakeholder engagement
- Provide support to ICT leadership
Please contact Joshua Deane for a copy of the full position description.
Your skills and experience
- Sound understanding of ICT technologies
- Demonstrated expertise in project management with transformation and technology programs
- Demonstrated ability to lead staff within a team environment
- Demonstrated scheduling and planning skills
- Experience in Resource Planning and Management
- Superior interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills with extensive experience engaging and influencing key stakeholders and customers to influence and achieve optimal business outcomes
- Strong communication skills
- Australian Institute of Project Management CPPM accreditation, or similar.
This role is being offered on a 2 year, fixed term contract.
Applications close 28 January 2019.
To work at Saab you must comply with Defence Industry security requirements (i.e. you will be an Australian citizen or able to meet eligibility requirements).
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.