What you will be a part of
Saab Australia develops advanced defence and security systems for domestic and international markets. Our intuitive real-time command and control; command support; security and surveillance; and mixed reality applications are designed to adapt to today’s rapidly changing defence and security challenges. Over thirty years, the company has established a reputation as Australia’s leading capability systems integrator. We develop technology that pushes boundaries and breaks conventions to keep people and society safe. Offering a fresh and vibrant workplace, Saab values a healthy work-life balance with a great working culture, generous benefits, flexible working hours and an active Social Club.
You will be responsible for providing advice and guidance to task managers, Control Account Managers (CAMs) and Project Managers in the areas of project planning, project monitoring & control, cost and schedule baseline maintenance as well as reporting of project cost and schedule status.
Key responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Investigating and implementing project planning and control process improvement
- Ensuring that planning and scheduling, budgeting, accounting, analysis and reporting activities are fully integrated
- Establishing and maintaining the project Contract Work Breakdown Structure (CWBS), CBWS index and CWBS dictionaries
- Establishing and maintaining a Project Master Schedule in consultation with the Project Manager and CAMs
- Assisting Project Managers and CAMs in the selection of appropriate earned value techniques and in the development of project budgets
- Analysing cost performance data and developing reports for CAMs and Project Managers
- Coordinating with the Contract Administrator in the preparation of contract change proposals and the implementation of contract amendments
Your skills and experience
- 3-5 years' experience and above as a project planner and controller for projects of medium to high complexity
- Demonstrated knowledge and an effective understanding of project performance measurement using Earned Value to AS4817 and the Defence Supplement
- Knowledge and understanding of Project Management processes (eg. PMBOK)
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in using project and cost management software eg. Open Plan Professional™, Microsoft Projectâ; COBRA™
- High level of computer skills, particularly in the use of spreadsheet and database applications
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application by 24 May 2019. You may contact Daniela Flamminio for a copy of the full position description.
To work at Saab you must comply with Defence Industry security requirements (i.e. you will be an Australian citizen or able to meet eligibility requirements).
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.
Join Saab's thinking edge and apply your expertise to a diverse range of high profile programs.
Last updated: 13 May 2019 • 04:20