Are you business focused, driven to create offerings in the marine surface ship segment of world class? The understanding of complex technical projects and an interest of working close together with all required disciplines to create winning bids, within often limited available time is essential to succeed. Bring your a-game and join our team!
As a Proposal Manager, you manage parts of the Win Business process and supports our Product and Customer Sales Responsible. You coordinate the activities to win the business and have focus on the Prepare Tender phase. You will lead the tender team and be responsible for the oversees of the cost, quality, risk and opportunity, project scope, information, schedule and technical output of the offer. Your challenge is to bring efficiency and agility to the process, using your skills and judgement to do necessary adjustments.
The main tasks are:
- Lead, coach, support and manage the proposal project
- Promote the proposal project to the internal stakeholders
- Plan, execute and control the proposal project within the budget
- Responsible for the cost and sales price calculation
- Depending on project need and complexity, participate in negotiations with the customer together with the negotiation team
The role includes a few travel days per month within Sweden and international travels might occur every now and then. You report to Head of Staff Management, Business Unit Surface Ships.
We are looking for you who find it a bit thrilling not to know exactly how your next few months will look like! Working with proposal management means bering prepared and able to gear up when needed.
We are looking for you who preferably have the competens and previous experience to be self-propelled quite rapidly. We need you to be solution oriented and see possibilities! The devil is in the details but we would like you be able to see the big picture and don't get to caught up in the details. The role include many stakeholders and you need to enjoy and be able to network and build strong and long lasting relationships.
- Bachelor degree in engineering or equivalent
- Some years of relevant experience
- Business understanding
- Experience in Project Management and/or Proposal Management
- Experience of Price calculations
- Excellent communication skills in Swedish and English (verbal and written)
- Experience in negotiations and Terms & Conditions terms and other aspects of the contract
- Working in an international industrial environment
- Experience in Export control
- Experience in BU Surface Ships products
- Global Market pricing of industrial segment
- Driving license, B
This position requires that you will be approved in a security screening in accordance with the Swedish Protective Security Act.
What you will be a part of
You will join the Business Unit Surface Ships at Saab Kockums, based in Karlskrona and Malmö. The BU responsibilities are the strategic and commercial development of the product lifecycle. You will operate in a high technology environment at Saab Kockums. Daily collaboration with different parts of interfaces both internal Saab organizations and together with the suppliers and the customers. You will be part of a dynamic organization that continuously is moving forward!
Business Area Kockums
Inside our leading naval factory
If you are interested in what benefits you can take part of as an employee at Saab in Sweden, you can read more about them here.
Last application date is the 9th of August, however kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and that the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement. Your application may be in Swedish or English.
If you have any questions about the job, don´t hesitate to contact Anna Nomark, recruiting manager +46 734 34 14 64 or Charlotta Lundblad, HR Specialist Recruitment +46 734 34 12 74. Due to summer vacations, you will find it easiest to reach us after week 33.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.