Join a small and professional purchasing team in a project orientated environment. You will contribute to innovation, teamwork and world-class deliveries of underwater vehicle systems.
We are looking for a purchaser that will be responsible for category Electrical products at Saab Seaeye Sweden, a part of Saab Dynamics, Underwater Systems.
The role includes maintaining supplier relationships, evaluation of existing and potential new suppliers and verify their capabiltity to meet our requirements. The role covers the whole purchasing process and you will work close together with other functions within our on-going projects. You will contribute to our success by a proactive collaboration with our supplier base.
Task will include:
· Managing your own supplier base
· Continuously evaluate the market competitiveness of the current supplier base
· Purchasing and negotiations within your category
· Be the prime commercial contact towards the suppliers within assigned product area/project
· Define and revaluate supplier strategies.
- Monitor and develop supplier performance in line with established goals and requirements.
- Monitor and manage supplier risks.
- Handle operational purchasing activities and supplier contacts related to purchase orders such as purchasing requests, RFQ’s, purchase orders, delivery monitoring, returns and claims
We see our future colleague as a business orientated person who enjoys working in a cross –functional environment. You have an interest for purchasing and preferably experience from strategic / tactical / operational purchasing. You shall be driven, able to handle multiple internal and external contacts simultaneously and your work shall be be characterized by responsibility. We assume that you express yourself well orally and in writing in both Swedish and English. We value good cooperation skills and a service minded attitude, both in the supplier relationship and in the internal teamwork.
What you will be a part of
Dynamics, a business area of Saab, offers ground combat weapons, missile systems, torpedoes, sensor systems, unmanned underwater vehicles and signature management systems for armed forces as well as remotely operated vehicles and security systems for the offshore industry and nuclear power plants.
Screening and interviews will be performed continuously. If you feel confident that you match the profile described above - please forward your application as soon as possible.
We welcome your application in both English and Swedish.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging setting, Saab may well have the conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.