At Saab in West Lafayette, Indiana, you have the opportunity to join a team that will manufacture the rear section of the T-7A Red Hawk military trainer aircraft for the United States Air Force. When at full capacity by 2027, Saab will employ over 300 employees in the West Lafayette facility in management, administration, and manufacturing. The new flagship facility will utilize advanced manufacturing techniques and leverage research and development to support Saab’s broad product portfolio. In the U.S., Saab also offers job opportunities in Florida, North Carolina, Virginia, Washington D.C. and our headquarters in Syracuse, New York. Saab provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
As Saab is building a new operation in West Lafayette, IN, we are seeking a Quality and EHS Manager to lead the world-class performance of the Quality and Environmental Health and Safety function. The ideal candidate has strong leadership skills, and the ability to see opportunities and significant experience creating and delivering integrated strategies in Greenfield operations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Deliver the vision, creation, and maintenance of the Quality Management System and the Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Program for this new site.
- Effectively transform quality, safety, and environmental policy into implementation of continual process improvement.
- Use expert knowledge to drive process maturity and capability through the analysis of Quality and EHS performance while ensuring compliance for our customer, production, and supply chain functions.
- Manage and continuously improve non-conformance and high-risk areas throughout the operation.
- Foster and improve supplier quality in collaboration with operations and supply chain functions.
- Be an ambassador for Saab both with co-workers and with suppliers.
- Lead continuous improvement of development of health and safety procedures and processes.
- Deliver a people first culture in alignment to Saab leadership vision.
- Ensure compliance with government and industry certifications and legal permits related to operations.
- Prepare training materials to educate and advance the development of an hourly and salaried workforce.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Environmental, Quality, or similar field required.
- MBA, M.Sc. or an equivalent documented education a plus.
- 10+ years of experience required.
- 5+ years of managing direct reports and large scale operations preferred.
- Expertise with the quality requirements of the aerospace industry.
- Subject matter expert on Environmental Health and Safety policy.
- Experience with high rate, high quality production.
- Experience working with U.S. government contracts, including FAR/DFAR regulations.
- Excellent communication and team building experience working in an international environment.
- High level of business acumen and overall ability to plan on strategic and tactical level.
- Ability to structure work tasks and deliver a high quality of work.
- Strong and effective leadership skills of hourly and salaried workforce. Ability to drive and lead change.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Must be a U.S. citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder), or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3). As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a drug screen and background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 17,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.