What you will be part of
Saab Barracuda LLC is a business unit operating within Saab Defense and Security USA LLC in Lillington, North Carolina. Saab Barracuda is the world's leading supplier of products and services within multi spectral signature management and force protection technology. Saab Barracuda is at the front line of research and development within the area and the company has built a solid competence, when it comes to optimizing signature management solutions. Saab Defense and Security USA LLC provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Barracuda LLC is seeking a dynamic, results-driven individual to function in a Radar and Thermal Engineer role. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the company objectives regarding the development of new technologies and the continuous improvement of current designs.
Specific role responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrate competency in constructing and operating RADAR assemblies to test materials and/or designs across multiple wavebands (2 – 100 GHz).
- Demonstrate competency in the set-up and operation of a variety of IR sensors and complimentary equipment in both laboratory and field settings, with associated software data analysis and interpretation.
- Apply experience to research, evaluate, and test new equipment, products, materials, fabrics, chemicals, and procedures as they relate to RADAR and thermal signature management, report and recommend.
- Design and maintain RADAR and thermal laboratories and equipment consistent with essential functions.
- Possess critical awareness of new technologies or hardware through communication with internal and external subject experts and apply as appropriate.
- Exercise Good Laboratory Practices regarding experimentation and reporting.
- Educate new development and technical personnel as required.
- Conduct work in full compliance of company Safety and Quality policies and procedures.
Your experiences and skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in physics, mathematics, electronics, or related discipline.
- 8+ years relative experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge and operational experience with RADAR and infrared sensors in industrial setting.
- Proven capability to develop innovative products.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficient in applying knowledge and skills to problem solving.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively, both written and oral.
- Effectively apply principles of signature management to product design and troubleshooting.
- Ability to provide expertise in one or more research topics.
- Exercise sound computer skills in Word, Excel, Power Point, ResearchIR, ImageJ, UVWinlab, ThermaCam Researcher Pro.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US Government (DoD) SECRET clearance.
- Flexibility to work extended hours when required, with domestic and internal travel and overnight stays.
- Willingness to conduct essential functions of role in both indoor and outdoor settings.
- Ability to lift twenty-five (25) pounds as needed, and to perform physical tasks such as sitting, bending, walking, climbing, carrying, and standing on a daily basis.
Last updated: 20 December 2017 • 21:10