What you will be part of
For more than a year, you will participate in a program uniquely designed to boost your career as well as to provide you with the right toolbox to develop as a leader.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC (SDAS) provides solutions and technology that are at the core of defense and homeland security. SDAS provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
SDAS is headquartered in Syracuse, NY and is comprised of four business units. SDAS’s ultimate parent company, Saab AB, is not a U.S. entity, SDAS operates under a Special Security Agreement (“SSA”) with the U.S. Department of Defense. The SSA enables SDAS to participate in many classified programs and contracts by providing the company with a U.S. Government approved legal and administrative framework within which Foreign Ownership Control and Influence (FOCI) risks are effectively mitigated.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is seeking a dynamic, results-oriented individual to take part in the Saab Graduate Leadership Program. Possible career paths include Engineering, Business (Contracts or Finance), Business Development, and Program Management.
During the program, you will get the opportunity to create an overall understanding of the company that will prepare you for an exciting future together with us. Your development will be aligned with Saab’s business goals and the program will enable you to contribute to our business and take part in actual projects.
In a culture characterized by collaboration and entrepreneurial spirit, you will learn to use professional concepts in the planning and management of complex programs. This opens up for close collaboration with managers and coworkers as well as great opportunities to take new initiatives and create long-term relationships.
As part of the Leadership Program you will work closely with Saab Academy, local manager and team members to:
- Develop knowledge within the areas of Saab, Saab's Products, Business Understanding, Operations, Self-Knowledge, Team Development, etc.
- Receive training, participate in workshops and assignments (both locally and in Sweden) that are individual and team based.
- Share information, knowledge and experience with the home organization, the graduate team and department visited during rotations
Upon completion of the program, the candidate will transition to a full-time position in Saab within their career field.
Your experiences and skills
As we are looking for future leaders, you need to have a genuine interest in people. You understand that communication, collaboration and curiosity are essential success factors for a business to grow and for people to thrive at their workplace. You are flexible, humble and spread positive energy. You have an overall business understanding, possess strategic thinking abilities and deliver excellent results. Your motivation, drive and commitment help you, and people around you, to perform on a daily basis.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related engineering discipline
- Recent (upcoming May) graduate or 1-2 years’ experience in Defense/Aerospace Industry Experience in Engineering, Business or related discipline
- Motivated with drive to deliver excellent results
- Ability to work in a fast-changing environment
- Excellent collaboration, communication and social skills to develop strong rapport with co-works/management, etc.
- Leadership skills and experience from working in a technical and professional environment a plus
- Study abroad a plus
- Must be US Citizen
- GPA 3.0 or greater
- Desire to travel domestically and internationally (Sweden) to participate in development rotation sessions- extensive travel required (over 50%).
Salary will be based on education and experience. Travel expenses for rotations will be paid by Saab.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.