What you will be a part of
Saab Australia develops advanced defence and security systems for domestic and international markets. Our intuitive real-time command and control; command support; security and surveillance; and mixed reality applications are designed to adapt to today’s rapidly changing defence and security challenges.
Over thirty years, the company has established a reputation as Australia’s leading capability systems integrator.
We develop technology that pushes boundaries and breaks conventions to keep people and society safe.
Offering a fresh and vibrant workplace, Saab values a healthy work-life balance with a great working culture, generous benefits and flexible working hours.
The Sales Director – Maritime Systems, as part of the Sales and Marketing team, will be responsible for overseeing market appraisal, business development, relationship management, sales development and tender preparation in identifying new Maritime business opportunities and winning profitable business.
Key responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Analysing the Australian and New Zealand market potential for Maritime Systems including the impact of market trends, customer requirements and government policy on Maritime Systems
- Gleaning a high level understanding of customer and partner requirements
- Identifying and winning profitable business opportunities that align with the Saab Australia business plan
- Developing campaign and capture plans for major Defence programs and opportunities
- Developing and enhancing a network of appropriate customer and industry contacts, as well as those within relevant Saab global businesses
- Providing an independent feedback channel to monitor customer and partner satisfaction with contracted work
- Ensuring that the tender responses produced satisfy the capture strategy and optimises the probability of win for Saab
Your skills and experience
- Extensive knowledge of defence systems and their operational applications, specifically Naval Combat and Combat Management Systems
- Demonstrated success in a similar role with experience gained over several years or having an extensive network of appropriate customer and industry contacts
- Significant sales and business development experience in Defence industry, especially the Maritime domain
- Ability to successfully engage with senior defence and industry managers for long term beneficial business outcomes
- High level of competence in English expression, in written and spoken form and particularly in conveying marketing messages
- High level of personal drive, proven ability to meet deadlines and a commitment to team success
Click ‘Apply for this job’ to submit your application by 2 May 2019. You may contact Daniella Stojanovski for a copy of the full position description.
To work at Saab you must comply with Defence Industry security requirements (i.e. you will be an Australian citizen or able to meet eligibility requirements).
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.