Saab Kockums is looking for a section manager for Structural mechanics to join our Ship department to plan, organize, staff, lead and control the area of structural mechanics for our products, including submarines and surface ships.
Are you a people person with seriously high technical competence, then we hope you keep reading!
In your role you will be focusing on continuously develop the business and your employees. You will be responsible for a larger team of senior engineers. Having staff located in Malmö and Karlskrona, frequent travels between these offices is part of the job. International travels might occur now and then. Your days will be varied, working both operationally and strategic.
The main tasks are:
- Managing the overall operational and budgetary responsibilities and activities of the section.
- Assisting group leaders to ensure that challenging goals in ongoing projects are fulfilled.
- Plan and allocate resources to effectively staff and accomplish the work. Balance business demand and key talent.
- Define and execute Research & Development plans to meet customer demand and maintain competitive advantage.
- Creating a network of stakeholders within Saab, at the customer and universities to identify needs, synergies and best practice.
Reporting to the Head of Ship, you will be part of the area Ship management team and have excellent opportunities to contribute in forming the future of the area. Together as a team, you will prepare the perfect ground to implement our strategy, to achieve long-term goals and meet our challenges where profitability and products are key.
We are looking for you who have the ability to engage people and, therefore, you are the person employees naturally turn to. By listening to your colleagues with genuine interest, you set the ground for a collaborative mindset. You are a strategic thinker who understands the long-term effect off your actions. You are an achiever, and challenging goals motivate you!
To succeed you also need to be a team player and to have a bit of a humble approach.
- Proven leadership skills preferably having worked as team leader and/or project manager.
- Master of Science in Mechanical Design or equivalent, preferably with specialization in Solid Mechanics or Naval Architecture.
- Proven industrial experience from static and dynamic stress analysis of both metallic and composite materials.
- Good communication skills in Swedish as well as English, verbal and written.
- Solid knowledge in the design of the submarine or naval vessel in general and particularly in stress analysis.
- Experience working in a similar role within the aviation, automotive or naval industry.
- Naval knowledge
- Driving license, B
This position requires that you will be approved in a security screening in accordance with the Swedish Protective Security Act.
What you will be a part of
You will be part of a great team who is there for and learn from each other every day. Nowhere else will you get to work with such technically complex products!
Saab Kockums, a business area within Saab, represents state-of-the-art expertise within the naval segment – below and above the surface. We design, produce and maintain naval vessels and submarines based on advanced stealth technology. The product portfolio includes also the successful Stirling air-independent propulsion system and mine countermeasure systems.
The Structural Mechanics section is part of the Ship area, which includes as well the Naval Architecture, Hull & Superstructure and Signature Management sections. We carry out static and dynamic stress analysis of submarine/naval vessels and engineering materials. This comprises calculation, testing, interaction with design, production and system activities, requirement analysis, design evaluation, writing of instructions, and also Research and Development work within the area of technology.
Business Area Kockums
Inside our leading naval factory
If you are interested in what benefits you can take part of as an employee at Saab in Sweden, you can read more about them here.
Last application date is the 11th of August, however kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and that the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement. Your application may be in Swedish or English.
If you have any questions about the job, don´t hesitate to contact Tobias Petersson, recruiting manager +46 734 34 28 98 or Charlotta Lundblad, HR Specialist Recruitment +46 734 34 12 74.
Due to summer vacations, you will find it easiest to reach us after week 32.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.