What you will be part of
At Saab Sensor Systems you will have the opportunity to collaborate with world-class engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development, collaboration and support at all levels. A business unit of Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems is focused on the design, development, integration, test, deployment, and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems, primarily for industry partners and US Government agencies. Headquartered in Syracuse, NY, we also offer opportunities to work from locations in Florida, North Carolina and Virginia.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC's Sensor Systems Division in Syracuse, NY is seeking a full-time experienced Assembler. The successful candidate must have the ability to execute tasks in both "released" and "engineering development" environments, as well as the ability to satisfy program schedule needs for hardware completion.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Perform the assembly of electro-mechanical equipment and hardware.
- Build simple to complex sub-assemblies, cables, and cabinet assemblies.
- Use various hand tools for the assembly process.
- Read and interpret engineering assembly prints, schematics, and connection diagrams.
- Work closely with design and quality staffs to problem solve and effect corrective actions.
Your experiences and skills
Required Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent. Trade school, military service, or Associate's degree a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in a related project manufacturing environment.
- Hands-on mechanical aptitude.
- Adept at using various hand tools for the assembly process.
- Soldering skills are preferred, certification a plus.
- Familiarity with J-STD and other workmanship requirements.
- Works well in both a structured and prototype/engineering environment.
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Oracle queries, Internet, etc.)
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 05 April 2019 • 19:31