What you will be part of
Saab Sensor Systems is a rapidly growing business unit located in Syracuse, NY operating within Saab Defense and Security USA LLC. The Sensor Systems Division is focused on design, development, integration, test, deployment and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems primarily for aerospace and defense industry partners, and US Government agencies. Saab Defense and Security USA LLC provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC's Sensor Systems Division in Syracuse, NY is seeking a full-time experienced Assembler. The successful candidate will perform the assembly of electro-mechanical equipment and hardware as well as build simple to complex sub-assemblies, cables, and cabinet assemblies. Ability to execute tasks in both "released" and "engineering development" environments is required as well as the ability to satisfy the program's schedule needs for hardware completion.
- Hands-on mechanical aptitude.
- Adept at using various hand tools for the assembly process.
- Soldering skills are preferred, certification a plus.
- Can read/interpret engineering assembly prints, schematics, connection diagrams.
- Familiarity with J-STD and other workmanship requirements.
- Works well in both a structured and prototype/engineering environment.
- Ability to work closely with design and quality staffs to problem-solve and effect corrective actions.
- Basic computer skills (e-mail, Merlin queries, company intranet, etc.).
Your experiences and skills
Required Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent. Trade school, military service, or Associate's degree a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in a related project manufacturing environment.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 14,700 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 06 March 2018 • 21:31