What you will be part of
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Training and Simulation division supports the United States Warfighter by developing, manufacturing, and supporting world-class training systems for the US Military, Foreign Military Sales, and Homeland Security in the Live, Virtual, and Constructive domains. Saab's product line contains the industry's highest performing training equipment while maintaining cost effectiveness, reliability and durability. Training and Simulation resides in Central Florida Research Park, a predominant hub of the nation's simulation and training industry. Saab Defense and Security USA LLC provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC Training and Simulation is seeking a dynamic, results-oriented individual with impeccable ethics and business integrity to fill the role of Senior Business Development Manager. The successful candidate will report to the Marketing and Sales Director and be recognized internally and externally as subject matter expert and key business development resource. This position requires the capability to work closely with the Executive Management, Technology, Engineering, and Program Management disciplines within the Company (in Orlando, Syracuse, Washington DC and Sweden), and throughout the established customer base. This individual will have an understanding of military protocol, hierarchy and internal workings; and responsibility and accountability for the development and capture of new business through primary Government agencies, defense contractors/subcontractors, and partnering, as well as the commercial market.
- Coordinate and conduct all aspects of business development capture management following all required processes and preparing products for the capture of major pursuits within the military and commercial markets.
- Support the Marketing and Sales Director in establishing a realistic five-year + capture and strategic pipeline that implements the business objectives of Saab within the military, government, commercial, and industrial sectors to generate sales to U.S. DoD and allied armed forces as well as commercial and industrial customers.
- Integrate and understand new product development capabilities into key pursuits based upon current and future military requirements.
- Prepare and conduct Decision Gates (Business Winning Process), Sources Sought & RFI responses, Black Hats, Blue Teams, Competitive Intelligence, Price-to-Win, Pink-Red-Gold Teams.
- Support proposal development and capture management.
- Prepare Capture Schedules, Capture/ Proposal budgets, and quotations including pricing, delivery schedules, and payment terms.
- Build strategic partnerships to further sales and organizational objectives, and collaborate with all levels in the refinement of strategic direction for short and long term business planning.
- Create and maintain detailed military bookings and sales forecast utilizing Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools.
- Proactively provide leadership in defining Saab Training’s military sales program to support successful captures.
- Leverage best practices through government and internal benchmarking.
- Set priorities necessary for proposal development and reporting progress and plans for support efforts to ensure successful capture.
- Identify, establish and maintain relationships with key military/commercial vendors, strategic allies, and partners to ensure sustainable competitive advantage in sales of products and services.
- Leads market assessments, customer interaction, large proposal efforts and assists with customer negotiations.
- Has keen understanding of the company’s products, services and programs and can readily identify solutions to address customer requirements.
- Suggest end-to-end solutions.
- Create competitive approaches and counter-competitor solutions to meet market/customer needs.
- Communicate and present capabilities and solutions to current and potential customers.
- Effectively utilize outside stakeholders to influence customer procurement process including but not limited to legislative affairs professionals.
- Lead proposal teams to winning solutions.
- This position requires approximately 20%-50% of travel away from local office throughout the year.
Your experiences and skills
Required Education and Experience:
- BA/BS degree in business or related technical/scientific discipline or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work experience; MA/MS degree preferred.
- Experience in capture management and able to communicate and coordinate with senior personnel in the DoD and Commercial Markets.
- Typically requires eight to ten years of related experience, including supervisory experience;
- Previous FA-57 or strong Modeling and Simulation background and/or MAGTFTC Modeling and simulation Officer background.
- Experience at major US Army Homestation Training Centers and/or Combat Training Centers (CTCs).
- Strong background in Live, Virtual and Constructive Training solutions within the DoD.
- Detailed understanding and synthesis of customer requirements. With a keen understanding of the company’s technical capabilities; influences technical solution, cost and estimates of scope as needed.
- Knowledge of Live, Virtual, Constructive and Gaming Simulation Domains.
- Knowledge and background in military operations.
- Knowledge of military training techniques.
- Understands Commercial Market Business Practices.
- Knowledge and practical use of Microsoft Office products including but not limited to MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint, Project, and Visio.
- Demonstrated understanding of customer funding cycles and the company’s strategic approach to capture.
- Strong ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Clear understanding of Proposal Compliancy and preparation to include “White Glove” final submission processes.
- Clear understanding of US DoD RFPs including Terms & Conditions and Sections L&M.
- Clear understanding of defense budgeting and procurement process
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret level security clearance.
- Foreign Military Sales (FMS) experience.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 18 December 2017 • 16:25