Saab is seeking a dynamic, results-oriented individual with impeccable ethics and business integrity to fill the role of Senior Business Development Manager. The successful candidate will report to the Marketing and Sales Director and be recognized internally and externally as a subject matter expert and key business development resource. This position requires the capability to work closely with the Executive Management, Technology, Engineering, and Program Management disciplines throughout the Company and the customer base. This individual will have an understanding of military protocol, hierarchy and internal workings; and responsibility and accountability for the development and capture of new business through primary Government agencies, defense contractors/subcontractors, and partnering, as well as the commercial market.
Responsibilities will include:
- Routinely identify new business opportunities and customers for Saab.
- Work autonomously to influence and partner with internal and external stakeholders, while leading significant proposal and capture efforts.
- Understand business unit products and services and combine the ability to work with technical experts to identify solutions which will meet customers' needs and requirements.
- Provide leadership for the identification, capture planning and capture execution of programs/contracts to support Saab.
- Develop and implement capture plans and strategies, understand the customer’s requirements and the competition and develop / implement winning strategies that highlight strengths and mitigate weaknesses; establish value added teaming strategies and competitive pricing structures to create a profitable return at a winning cost.
- Lead collaborative cross-functional teams in the development of capture plans to leverage all organizational strengths at Saab. This includes the development of action oriented capture plans, customer and engagement plans, and providing operational and technical inputs to develop system solution.
- Develop and maintain excellent relations with customers. Ensure continuing customer relations and an effective flow of information to deliver business objectives.
- Coordinate with US DoD acquisition and program offices to identify mission needs, capabilities, and requirements in support of technical inputs and concept of operations to develop system solutions.
- Develop and manage relevant budgets, Bid and Proposal resources, and associated R&D activity.
- Coordinate and conduct all aspects of business development capture management following all required processes and preparing products for the capture of major pursuits within the military and commercial markets.
- Support the Marketing and Sales Director in establishing a realistic five-year + capture and strategic pipeline that implements the business objectives of Saab within the military, government, commercial, and industrial sectors to generate sales to U.S. DoD and allied armed forces as well as commercial and industrial customers.
- Prepare and conduct Decision Gates (Business Winning Process), Sources Sought & RFI responses, Black Hats, Blue Teams, Competitive Intelligence, Price-to-Win, Pink-Red-Gold Teams.
- This position requires approximately 20%-50% of travel away from local office throughout the year.
Skills and Experience:
Required Experience and Skills:
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Engineering or related discipline.
- 10+ years of business development in defense industry and/or relevant military naval operations.
- Knowledge of DoD acquisition process.
- Knowledge of government procurement policies and procedures.
- Ability to work well independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to obtain a Secret level clearance.
- Outstanding leadership, communication, strategic planning, Voice of the Customer and relationship management skills.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- MBA preferred
- U.S. DoD experience with surveillance, and EW systems.
- Thorough knowledge of customers within the U.S. acquisition, requirements development, operational, test & evaluation and research & development communities.
- Experience with Foreign Military Sales.
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 17,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.