What you will be part of
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC (SDAS) provides solutions and technology that are at the core of defense and homeland security. SDAS is headquartered in Syracuse, NY and is comprised of four business units in various locations in the United States. Saab Defense and Security USA LLC provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC (SDAS) is seeking a Senior Business Development Professional to be responsible for identifying, qualifying, and capturing new business while maintaining existing customer base and relationships within the U.S. Navy underwater community. The primary customers will be PEO IWS, PEO SHIPS, PEO Unmanned and Small Combatants, PEO Subs, Naval Field Activities, Commercial Customers, DoD, DHS, and defense industry partners, but the scope will not be limited to them alone.
- Acquire an in-depth knowledge of Saab capabilities, technology, and strategic/tactical objectives of SDAS and Saab Dynamics Underwater Business Unit.
- Close cooperation with SDAS to support ongoing Marketing and Business Development efforts and will require frequent travel to customer and industrial partner sites generally in the U.S., but also to Saab sites in Europe.
- Interface across disciplines and departments and recommend changes to products and processes as necessary.
- Provide leadership for the identification, capture planning and capture execution of programs/contracts to support SDAS.
- Develop and implement capture plans and strategies, understand the customer’s requirements and the competition and develop/ implement winning strategies that highlight strengths and mitigate weaknesses; establish value added teaming strategies and competitive pricing structures to create a profitable return at a winning cost.
- Lead collaborative cross-functional teams in the development of capture plans to leverage all organizational strengths at SDAS. This includes the development of action oriented capture plans, customer and engagement plans, and providing operational and technical inputs to develop system solutions.
- Develop and maintain excellent relations with customers. Ensure continuing customer relations and an effective flow of information to deliver business objectives.
- Establish strong networks and relationships within the U.S. Navy in general and the underwater (Mine warfare / EOD) community in particular. A deep understanding of different commands, program offices and requirement organizations are required.
- Determine customer needs and explain how their needs could be met by specific products and services.
- Identify prospective customers by using business directories, following leads from existing customers, participating in organizations and clubs, and attending trade shows and conferences.
- Plan and execute product demonstrations, must have the ability to demonstrate and explain the operational use and provide technical support of Saab underwater products.
- Increase knowledge and awareness about U.S. Navy specific acquisition processes and potential opportunities for SDAS.
- Become a good corporate citizen of the community by participating in local professional organizations (e.g. ASNE, NDIA, SNA, etc), command sponsored events, charities and become a part of the customer community.
- Attend sales and marketing meetings, and read related publications in order to obtain information about market conditions, business trends, and industry developments.
- Complete expense reports, sales reports, capture plans and other reports and analyses as required.
- Complete product and development training as required.
- Provide feedback to Saab Dynamic’s Product Management team about: a potential clients’ specific needs, the competitive landscape in the region and input for future product development
- Study information about new products, so equipment and supplies can be accurately depicted and proper recommendations made.
Your skills and experience
- Related military background and/or sales and marketing experience required, including minimum of 10 years of experience with operations, requirements and acquisition processes related to U.S. Navy underwater area with a heavy focus towards EOD / Mine Warfare.
- Demonstrated ability to work and influence successfully in a complex, fast-paced, matrix-reporting, multicultural environment.
- Drive for high levels of customer satisfaction, seeking deep understanding of customer requirements and understands solution based and selling.
- Capability of establishing new network or further developing existing network within user community.
- Demonstrated analytical ability and proficient communication skills with emphasis on group presentations and report writing.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must possess or have the ability to obtain a Secret level clearance.
- Team player, always looking for the best solutions for your customers, you have an open mind and a strong work ethic, cooperating and sharing information in a team is your natural preference for high performance.
- Thorough knowledge of customers within the U.S. acquisition, requirements development, operational, test & evaluation and research & development communities desired.
- Experience with Foreign Military Sales desired.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 13 March 2019 • 23:16